Revisions... I think I have a solution!

matureactress

Ok, let’s use a house painter as an example of what some of us Sellers go through…

A painter charges $100 (his rate) to paint a house the color red that the homeowner chose.

The homeowner decides the color red looks pink when the morning sun hits it and wants the house painted a much deeper shade of red.

If the painter repaints the house at no extra charge, he has painted a house 2 x for $50 each time, (half his rate). He loses $100.

If the painter refuses to repaint the house and the homeowner refuses to pay him for the work he’s done, he loses $100.

Should the painter lose $100 for 1 house painting; or lose $100 and paint it twice?

The painter should not lose any money. He should stay firmed that he did what he was asked for and repainting will cost double. If the house owner don’t want to pay double, then he should pay the painter the money he was initially to be paid i.e. $100.

Stories apart, if the buyer do leaves you a negetive feedback for this, you can get that removed by CS. (Yes, CS still removes feedback in such cases)

But take precautions to show the colour chart as @djgodknows said to be on the safe side. LOL.

The painter should not lose any money. He should stay firmed that he did what he was asked for and repainting will cost double. If the house owner don’t want to pay double, then he should pay the painter the money he was initially to be paid i.e. $100.

Stories apart, if the buyer do leaves you a negetive feedback for this, you can get that removed by CS. (Yes, CS still removes feedback in such cases)

But take precautions to show the colour chart as @djgodknows said to be on the safe side. LOL.

[details=totally off-topic re:colour chart precautions]seller: shows colour chart

buyer: colour #DIZONE looks great, I’ll take that

seller: sends delivery

fiverr: buyer A asked for a modification. get to work and don’t be late

seller: plays colour detective, finds out that buyer picked colour on phone and looked at delivery on laptop, explains to seller

buyer: make it so that it looks like colour #DIZONE on my client’s pc

also I can tell you that even physical colour charts won’t work, people will pick a colour you show them, and once the object in said colour is in their house, they’ll say ‘but it looked different when you showed me’, it’s a matter of lots of reasons, physical ones like different lighting, different materials, different reflection, the customer’s mood on the day they picked the colour and the day of the delivery, the moon phase…

(there’s disclaimers on physical colour charts too that the actual colour on your object might turn out different than on the colour chart sample even if you use basically the same material, just like the ‘looks different on different monitors’

😉

but of course DJ’s colour chart tip is a good one[/details]

Thanks @taverr that is nice to know. I have only dealt with CS twice and they have been really helpful. I have heard that the Fiverr support is not so helpful towards sellers but I’m not so sure about that. Hopefully I won’t have to find out either. I don’t like having disputes with people and having to take it further 😦

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my beginnings I offered unlimited revisions BUT required the buyer to include all the inputs used in the order requirements, but couple days ago i faced an over-hesitating customer which i worked triple times more to go with his revisions … Lucky me the customer was on urgent need to the work and it was the day end so I told him my vacation is two days from tomorrow so you have to choose between one of the three revisions (were previously rejected by him) and somehow I convinced him to accept the work.

First of all I suppose that you are talking about revisions of your gigs or similar things where a revision means a full new work from the start.
I think you need to analyze what cases most of the people ask revisions of and make certain conditions for them, like:

1. Pronunciation of proper names, like people, cities… should be clarified beforehand in an audio/video file (I saw this when pewdiepie ordered a gig on this forum and the actor misspelled the name of Jacksepticye, lol)
  2. You are not responsible of any selling, grammar or any language mistakes in the text, the buyer holds full responsibility to check them all.

After this you should do revision/rework only if you make a mistake, It’s the buyer right here of a refund or a rework. If it’s their fault, then they should repay.

Some other gigs, like mine, a revision usually means a simple modification and re-upload of the files. Revisions are not a big deal here.

Archived