Gigs are not ranking anymore....Need suggestions!

maddy_seoxpert

I have joined Fiverr on July 2016. Initially my “Keyword Research” gig was ranked on 1st page of search result (probably on 4th - 5th position). I have received quick 10 orders in less than 1 month time period. I have 100% positive reviews and on time delivery. I have satisfied all ranking factors for my Fiverr gig. But suddenly my gig was disappeared from the search results. Now I am not getting traffic to my gigs. I have added total 10 gigs later but my gigs are not getting the traffic as initially it was getting for my “Keyword Research” gig. I approached to customer support but they are also helpless in this issue. Now I want some suggestions and recommendations from all of you to bring more traffic to my gigs and generate more sales. I have promoted my gigs to social media platforms but no use.

https://www.fiverr.com/maddy_seoxpert/do-in-depth-keyword-research-and-find-buyer-kws

You need to post exactly what Customer Support said in response. They definitely are not helpless in any issue, but their recommendations are sometimes worded a little vaguely so to get help here, please write exactly what they said.

I did search for your gig myself and it came up easily. When I used “run in depth KEYWORD research” as my search phrase, yours in the top 30 results, so it IS ranking in search. The actual position in search will never stay exactly the same. Fiverr rotates gigs and they don’t release information about their algorithms.

Hi madam,

Thank you for your response.
I agree that gigs rotates every time but initially my gig was on 4th-5th position. At that time also gigs were rotating but my gig was ranking. But suddenly don’t know what happened? Gig is not ranking at all since from last 3 months. Fiverr algorithm is not allowing my gig to appear on 1st page. I can see same gigs of other sellers are appearing every time when I search for particular keyword. If gigs are rotating then why same gigs are appearing every time? I am not able to understand Fiverr algorithm.

Here is the customer support reply to my query.

Hi Maddy,
We don’t guarantee where a gig will be found in search or category as these gigs are rotated all of the time. I have checked on your account and your Gig is fine, please understand that Fiverr is very dynamic and competitive and you may want to try refresh/adjust/edit your Gig periodically.
If there’s a change at the top of the rankings, please be aware that it’s not permanent. There can be many other Gigs currently performing at a higher rate than yours, and that’s the reality of any marketplace. If other sellers are ranked higher than you by performing better than you (delivering early, getting 5 stars, communicating quickly) then it’s simply how the marketplace works. It helps it to grow and marginalizes competitive advantages/disadvantages for all sellers, so both new and old sellers can succeed.
I’d also like to mention that we only provide a marketplace for sellers and buyers to do business, and we can’t guarantee sales. We also can’t guarantee a Gig’s position in search. We advise you to manually advertise your Gig on the Internet, as this would help to make it more noticeable, and hopefully lead to getting more sales. You can start by promoting your Gig on your social networks using the buttons on your Gig page.
You’re also encouraged to do market research to help improve your Gig’s conversion rate. This may help you to discover and improve things about your Gig that might be causing a buyer to select another seller’s Gig instead. By doing enough market research to determine what to improve on, your sales will improve.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with buyers in the Buyer Requests section; this is a goldmine for sellers to obtain buyers and increase the popularity of their Gigs. Also, if you are not already participating in the Fiverr Forums, we recommend that you start! There’s plenty of opportunities to learn more about how to establish yourself on Fiverr, with the help from other seasoned sellers:
http://forum.fiverr.com/categories/tips-for-sellers
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Mia | Fiverr Customer Support
Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips
Fiverr Customer Support

Avatar maddy_seoxpert Saturday at 16:38
Always same gigs are appearing in the search results, there is no rotation at all. Regarding performance of my gigs, I also delivered the orders early with 5 star ratings with quick communication. Is it mean that I am not performing well? If my gig will rank in the searches then I will even perform better and bring more business to fiverr community. Currently I am performing really good with this gig but I am loosing the sales day by day due to my gig is not appearing at the top. I am not asking for guaranteed sales of my gig but I am expecting the rank of my gig, which will automatically leads to sales and more business to fiverr community.
Thanks & regards,
Maddy_SEOxpert

Hi Maddy,
We’ve looked in to your request, and unfortunately our editorial team no longer accepts individual requests for more exposure on Gigs from tickets. The volume of requests we have received creates an unfair competitive advantage in search against other sellers that we are working on eliminating from our marketplace to allow all sellers an equal opportunity to succeed on Fiverr. We understand that you may feel let down by this, but we have already created many channels to drive traffic to your Gig outside of Search that are equally as effective. In the meantime, we can note your request with our Editors for future consideration, but can not guarantee any results from it.
Kind regards,

So, Fiverr said what I said: “Fiverr rotates gigs and they don’t release information about their algorithms.” You may not see rotation today or next week because no one knows how long it will be. Fiverr wasn’t helpless, they told you the truth.

You said that your “Gig is not ranking at all since from last 3 months. Fiverr algorithm is not allowing my gig to appear on 1st page.”

That’s not true. Your gig is ranking fine. A gig in 1st place is ranking and a gig in 1000th place is ranking. In 6 months or a year, the rotation may switch things up. You are lucky. Some gigs don’t show in search at all. You are competing with thousands of sellers so you are double-lucky if your gigs ranked higher for awhile. Now it’s on you to get buyers to see your gig.

Fiverr suggested that you tweak your gigs to see how it affects your position and to do external promotion. Maybe the top ranked sellers today figured out the best keywords and spent a year building a large and interested social media audience. Fiverr gave you a ton of help. What else did you expect? I mean, I guess you did say to Fiverr “I am expecting the rank of my gig, which will automatically leads to sales” but you are expecting that alongside thousands of others who want those top page spots. That’s not what Fiverr does, you just got a temporary boost which is great. The ball is now in your court, like every other seller.

Archived