The Rough Start

Guest thisis2brain

Guest thisis2brain

I just wanted to share my story, of how six days on the site, I’ve already booked about 15 gigs.

There’s a few things I don’t yet understand with this site, like how the front page works, and others, but from what I do know, here’s a few tips for new sellers.

1. The request box is your friend. This is a beautiful tool, because you no longer have to wonder what people want. They are telling you!

2. Instead of basing every one of your gigs around what you want, think about having one or two that are what’s heavily needed. I created a video edit gig, because I could do it, and people wanted it. Not because it’s what I came on here to do. Traffic flows, and people who like your gig WILL check out other gigs you have.

3. Put in the work at first. I find myself going above and beyond for a measly five dollars? But it is far more than that. It is the credentials you are working for, and hopefully return customers. Because when you level up, the work will pay off.

4. Friendly and professional. Although it is a more casual environment, you are conducting business. The better you treat your buyer, the better you’ll be treated in return. And there will be times when you need a little leeway.

5. Don’t be afraid to stray from your gig. You can do what people want, even if it isn’t EXACTLY what you have described.

The essence of this can be summed up with,

If you’re just starting with no reputation, why would someone choose you? Especially when the majority of the gigs on here are repeats in some way.

(P.S. There’s an upside and downside to having something original. The upside, is if people want it, they’ll have to come to you. The downside is, if people wanted it, wouldn’t someone have already made it a gig. If you want to think outside the box, it won’t be easy, but it can be worth it.)

Archived