Block Buyer or decline order button

I really think it will be super useful if sellers had the ability to block a buyer from sending them orders or even be able to decline an order. Some orders we receive are impossible to do with the instructions the buyers give us. Some buyers are downright difficult to work with and can be pretty annoying.

I find that its better to have an option to deny a bid as some orders you can see you won’t be able to meet the delivery, better to just deny the work and not end up having a cancel on your profile.

Yesterday, I was sick of a buyer (Who wanted me to to do work costing almost $80 in just $5) and he was threatening me.

I contacted the Fiverr CS and they canceled the order and immediately after that he ordered again and I have to get it canceled again.

There are some stupid buyers and fiverrr should have some kind of technique to work with these kind of buyers and should have an option to block buyer.

• 3 months later...
Guest isabellapsychic

I am very surprised to learn that we cannot block a buyer from purchasing. When a customer proves to be overly demanding, threatening, or rude, we deserve the right to not do business with them. Just as brick and mortar shops do. Just as is offered on other sites such as Etsy.
Please add this option quickly! I am new here and already had a very negative experience with a buyer who wanted the sun and the moon for $5, for a service I would normally charge $150 for.

I wish this was a thing too. I’ve had a couple of terrible buyers this month that made me feel very bad. One of the them placed the order twice, after I asked for a cancellation several times because he as asking for free work while slightly threatening me with not leaving a 5 star review if I didn’t do it.

Another one was spamming me, declining my requests for cancellation. He was also saying that I needed “mental help” and to “stop crying”. He acted like a 12 years old, basically. But it made feel terrible.

I wish Fiverr would treat the sellers a bit better and not prioritize the buyers. We should be able to refuse orders or clients.

I was a Fiverr-er in 2012, and this feature request was raised back then and summarily turned down so this is not going to happen. The rationale is that the buyers must not feel like they are playing the Minesweeper game where getting a freelancer to do their gig should not be a matter of navigating a labyrinth of people who have blocked/unblocked them like a social network. They want everyone to be available by default.

Archived