Forum Activity =/= More Sales

jamesbulls

You’re absolutely right. I noticed that most of the top rated sellers who make hundreds of dollars a day have no time for the forum, but they’re busy uploading samples of their delivered work on their social media profiles (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc) alongside tweaking their gigs’ titles and descriptions.

I participate in the forum because I enjoy it, and it gives me good feels to share what I’ve learned with other people who could benefit from the same. But yeah, except for a handful of regulars that you’ve probably seen, TRS’s are conspicuously lacking in the forum. Where are they? Kicking @ss and taking names, that’s where. They’re surely not on the forum, lol

I don’t know, maybe they are busy with life…if I had a life outside my laptop and had a wife and kids, I wouldn’t be on Fiverr forum either. For me Fiverr forum is a good thing - it keeps me away from Twitter and Indian politics, which really upsets me every time. So I have a unique reason for being on Fiverr forum - not to “mek sales” but to stay away from Indian politics. I really enjoy reading posts from the likes of yourself, Emmaki, MissCrystal, Cy and others. We are like a big virtual family, whether we realize it or not.

Yeah, that’s the biggest reason that I stay away from Twitter: I can’t resist the spell it puts on me and I find myself spending HOURS and HOURS of my life trolling my feed and having conversations that only serve to raise my blood pressure and give me reason to use the “block” button.

actaully I received my first 2 ORDERS from forum presence, they liked the work I did and became repeat buyers. Thanks to them I have sort-of-kinda graduated from being a newbie. I am grateful for these forums, sometimes forum presence helps with boosting traffic.

It all depends on how you market yourself in the forums, I engage in what is called subtle advertising , whenever I post something I try to generate curiosity and interest without specificLly mentioning what I do, once in a while this interest can actually lead to PM and an order, it has worked a couple of times and I haven’t been on Fiverr that long.

It’s not impossible to get orders from the forum, and I’ve got a few long-time repeat-clients that I’ve met here, but with the ~1.5k orders I’ve completed, all the clients that I’ve met via the forum are just a drop in the bucket. Usually ~$60 of work every day, so for me $5 or $10 once every month or two is barely large enough to notice. shrugs It’s a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Archived