How to conquer monotony

Guest article_profits

Guest article_profits

This is my first official forum topic. I just came back from a short Fiverr break.
PS: I need ideas on improving my response rate. I’ve been trying to respond to messages as fast as I can but seems not to be working. Would really appreciate your tips guys.

So, back to the topic. When you first started out on Fiverr and got your first sale, you know what that feels like. Surprise mixed with excitement. You prospect to the future and think, “wow, it works”. Then orders start coming in gradually, sometimes slowly, sometimes in a rush. It gets wearisome at times, you just let them pile up and you check later. Well, I’m talking from experience, the thrill just simply fades away and the work becomes monotony. Monotony is the quality of wearisome constancy, routine, and lack of variety. So, how do you deal with this:

1. Do what you love: Yes. That’s an advice ageless as the sun. But, what if what you do isn’t really what you love? Then check these other tips.

2. Take breaks in between your work: Don’t just sit in front of the computer all day like a human vegetable. Take some time out, visit a few friends, get fresh air etc.

3. Set hours of work per day: You could set three hours to work on outstanding orders per day and follow strictly.

4.Listen to non-distracting music: You could listen to non-distracting jazz. Personally, this keeps me focused.

These are just some of the things I think many sellers will find useful.

Thanks for the tips. This is about organization - success depends on your organization. You must divide your day into parts (ex. 1/3 for family, 1/3 for work, 1/3 for personal things). Work work work will lead to bad results. If you do fall into a mess, the music and break suggestions will help. Bring harmony into your life. I love the positive effects music brings =) As a religious person, I sometimes step back, and get into prayer/meditation- it reminds me that work is not everything, it’s only a part of life.

Thanks for the tips. This is about organization - success depends on your organization. You must divide your day into parts (ex. 1/3 for family, 1/3 for work, 1/3 for personal things). Work work work will lead to bad results. If you do fall into a mess, the music and break suggestions will help. Bring harmony into your life. I love the positive effects music brings =) As a religious person, I sometimes step back, and get into prayer/meditation- it reminds me that work is not everything, it’s only a part of life.

Archived