Fiverr Hacked?

henry1

Has anyone else noticed that the Fiverr site is triggering AVG and MBAM alerts today? I’m receiving fake enquiries which make me visit the site only for my anti virus/ malware to start going crazy about JS/Downloader Agent trying to get through Chrome via Fiverr.

Yes - Just tried click on lots of random sites and it’s only when I go back to Fiverr the alerts pop up. Could be a false positive as AVG and MBAM are quite sensitive. Virus Total is reporting the site is clean(ish)

Apparently by clicking on the link in the email you are getting an attempt to load js.downloader malware onto your computer. It’s not on fiverr. It is coming from the link in the email. There must be a redirect in the link through another site before it gets to fiverr.

It would be a good idea for the coming day or two to not click on any links from fiverr emails in case this is a large attempt to spread this virus, which is apparently a keylogger or browser hijack malware.

We’re not clicking on any link in any email. We’re simply visiting the site and clicking on ‘Message’ although any page, including the front page of the site is triggering warnings. The message is being caused by something on the Fiverr site and whilst it may just be some sort of tracker our antivirus does not like it.

Archived