Loving Fiverr ( Profile ) new Design

lulzpedia

Loving Fiverr Profile new design.But One suggest is that the cover should be removed and only the profile picture should be added at top corner and the information should be with it and Gig after that

Whats your thoughts on this Design ?

I think it looks great, very clean! I think the description could be a bigger font, and now I need to go and update all the new fields but overall, not bad. I think some tweaks could be made to the review section as well (there is a % missing, for example, and again the font is a little small, not to mention that having double columns of reviews would be a better design choice.

All a bit nitpicky, but a clean update.

Having just added my education and my single certification, yuck.

• input fields not represented in final results (e.g. BA, MA, whatever)
  • not allowed to input actual name of degree, must conform to pre-existing selection (WTF)
  • uses “gb” to represent that I went to University in the UK. Horrible.
  • has option to add languages. I just tried to add Greek–basic. Computer said no. Why? These are drop down fields on YOUR system!
  • skills is awful. No capitalization, so MLM becomes Mlm, SEO becomes Seo etc. Drop down field indicates expert, result is “pro”. Some skills violate Fiverr TOS or working TOS (“reviews”) or make no sense (“yard work and something”). I filled in everything anyway as it might help with visibility or something.

So yeah some tweaks needed. Also the pre-existing selections are a mess. OXFORD University? Why is OXFORD capitalized? Etc.

Elance used to charge $20 to verify that! Yeah, it’s useless. I can provide transcripts etc if anyone does ask though…

All in all, glossy and nice looking but a bit crap when you deal with the UI underneath. An earth-shattering revelation, I know.

I don’t like this update at all. You see, I just filled out my skills and I was honest, I only put intermediate for animation etc. (Even though I can make better crap than a lot of apparently mega bucks sellers). Anyway, then it comes down to Uni and qualifications etc. Now again, I decide, to be honest, and leave this part as I’m a dreaded uni drop out. - Don’t regret it one bit btw.

However, as I think about it, all my honesty is going to do is kick me in the nuts as every idiot with ball sacks for brains is just going to lie through their teeth through this whole thing and buyers often being dumbasses aren’t going to think twice about the legitimacy of people’s profiles if they think they can get something super cheap.

Ok, I like the look. But if this affects search rankings etc this has the potential to really mess things up for honest and competent sellers like myself. Unless I just lie…

I’d just be honest. Put pro anyway (le contradiction), you know every scammer from here to eternity is going to. Maybe this is leading up for that wonderful freelance marketplace feature: the test.

Who is going to put “beginner” at a skill when trying to earn? Earn as you learn is not a bad concept, but when you allow people to self-assess, it’s not going to work out.

So why did you drop out? $$$ or it just wasn’t for you or?

I went to New Zealand for six months and accidentally stayed for three years. Then I never really thought about ever trying to back. I did briefly flirt with the idea of going to Uni in Amsterdam but that was me just trying to legitimize living in Amsterdam.

Ah, Amsterdam. Last time I was there I had a great time. I accidentally caused a fight between a bag lady and a heroin addict, and the next day I overindulged in a popular local attraction and got hopelessly lost in the canal maze and found the only bar in town where nobody spoke English. The museum (van Reijk?) was also excellent. It went from Vermeer to an exploration of sexuality through graphic exhibitions that the Dutch are masters of.

Great place. I maintain that Prinzengracht is some sort of twilight zone though.

adds Amsterdam to “maybe” list

Why as a witch anyone would want to know what colleges I went to and what my degrees are in.

When I started on fiverr, there was a large section where the most favorable reviews of a seller were prominently shown towards the top of the page. This is what should be shown to potential buyers. This would make a lot more sense.

Archived