Maintaining standards

timwells692

I think it’s realistic to say that there are plenty of buyers out there hoping for a cheap gig from a professional. I feel it’s important to maintain standards - not only for one’s own dignity and survival - but for the industry as a whole. I’ve been doing recorded voice for over twenty years. The only way you are going to get a short gig out of me for as little as ten dollars is to send your Grandma a happy birthday voice message as some or other character in my catalog. As soon as any recording is going to be used as any form of advertising, in any kind of business context, I require the commercial license application. If the voice over is to be used in any kind of broadcast context, a custom offer is negotiated according to exposure and usage. This way, my gigs are more realistically distributed. I can do student or private projects not for profit which are priced accessibly but as soon as a business is involved in any way, business rate will apply. 🙂 That includes adverts for community or internet radio stations, no matter how small.

Yes, it’s important to price your work realistically, especially since every seller on Fiverr sells services designed to provide a significant return on investment.

Sadly, the amount of people who are willing to scrape the barrel to get work completed as cheaply as possible, will always go hand in hand with the amount of people willing to sell their untalented soul for a Fiverr.

Archived