Revisions

jenniferludy

As a seller, how do I limit the number of revisions from a buyer? In the requirements page, I’ve selected xx amount. On custom offers, I select xxx.

Problem - (((And this is mainly with one buyer who is a lot of work)))

1. Buyers use the “revisions request” button to ask for items above and beyond what was ordered.
  2. Buyers use the “revisions request” button to discuss info about the order.

When creating gigs & custom offers, does Fiverr system not limit the number of revisions requests indicated indicated on the edit gig - requirements page?

I’d love to hear feedback and any information that could help me out.
Thanks & Cheers!

Guest brittanyzebraa

Revisions drive me crazy as well. On the standard level of my gig, I don’t even offer revisions. I’ve never run into the issue of a buyer over-requesting revisions though, I’d love to hear feedback as well about what to do in that situation if it ever happens to me!

Problem – (((And this is mainly with one buyer who is a lot of work)))

1. Buyers use the “revisions request” button to ask for items above and beyond what was ordered.
  2. Buyers use the “revisions request” button to discuss info about the order.

Stand your ground and deliver the exact same thing a second time.
Then send a message on the order page to them saying what you said here, that what they are asking for in a revision is not included since it is more that what they ordered.
Then send them a custom order for the extra work.

For the second situation you mentioned send the same thing back to them you sent the first time. Tell them discuss the order by sending messages to your inbox.

If they are bold enough to do this to you, hit the revision button unfairly, then you be bold enough to stand up to them and re-deliver the same thing a second time with an explanation or a new custom order for the extra work.

Well, if a buyer says “I don’t like it” then I immediately refund that order. Why? because buyers who don’t tell you why they don’t like it and what do they like aren’t worth your time. They will either continue demanding revisions and eventually demand a refund.

On the other hand, if your buyer tells you, “well, I liked 5-7, but I didn’t like 3-10 and I’m looking for something more like X and Y,” then I have to see if the time it takes me to make the revision is worth the amount I’m going to make assume the buyer accepts my revision. I also have to see if this order will result in a bad review. I consider 3-stars a bad review, 4-stars is annoying but I can live with that. 5-stars is always the goal.

Either way, if you’re offering 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back then buyers will expect you to keep that promise.

Setting the number of revisions doesn’t seem to limit the number of revisions they can request unfortunately. It would be great if you set one revision and when they asked for the 2nd revision, the system automatically asked them for money for the extra revision. But nope, not how it works.

So for option 1, I usually very politely say, thank you for sending information on a requirement that’s new and wasn’t in the original order. Then send them a custom offer to do the change, and redeliver the original work.
For option 2, I very politely tell them I will answer any questions they have in the message system and ask them to accept the order and I redeliver the original work.

I do say I offer 1 revision, mainly because it looks good on the gig to offer a revision, even though practically it makes no difference to delivering revisions or revision requests.

Buyers don’t realize the way the system works from a seller’s point of view so always be understanding of their point of view when talking to them. Some are worried that if they close off the order they will lose the option to ask questions from the seller.

Also, sometimes it’s a fine line between what is a revision and what is a new requirement. You have to use your own judgement. I tend to be more forgiving if it’s a custom order for a few hundred dollars than I am if it’s a $50 gig that took me all day.

Some people cancel orders if the buyer continues to pester for revisions. You have to make this call too, when to cut your losses. Personally, I’ve never done this though it’s cost me dearly in terms of ROI at times.

Archived