How to give a seller more time

aaweber007

You could discuss with the seller and come to an agreement on a delivery date beyond the due date. You can then allow the seller to upload the incomplete job on the due date to prevent a late notice. You will not mark the job as complete until the full delivery is made. You then have a few days in which the seller can deliver before the job is automatically marked as being complete.

There isn’t an ideal way I can think of. Allowing a seller to deliver partially or empty is a risk for you, because even if you don’t mark it complete, in 3 days, Fiverr marks it. That’s ok if you don’t forget and the seller delivers in 2 days.

If you do that and the seller needs more time still, the policy line would be to click “request modification” so the order can’t complete. The seller is then at risk, because the system does count that as “late” though penalty is little unless you cancel. So, basically, it comes down to a degree of risk when things run over but reasonable agreements can fix that in most cases.

Thank you. The project will likely run over the 3 day mark. I have already used the “request modification” to keep the order open, but I’d hate for the seller to get hit with a “late” penalty. Much of the delay was due to delays with files we needed to send for the project. If I send a follow up email to Fiverr about this after the project is complete, can the penalty be removed?

Archived