What would you do differently if starting out on fiverr again?

Guest lloydsolutions

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! I have recently had others in my catagory try to start a gig and pretend to be my customer - asking ridiculous questions etc… to scope out the comptition - really - if your work is top quality and you know what you are doing you will do great! If you try to fake it by copying someone elses gig then you will not get very far. I wouldn’t change a thing except to put up more gigs which I plan to do soon!

I think the only way is to delete the gig and create it from scratch again, however that would delete your existing stats. I saw there is quite a bit of stuff Fiverr should work with to improve the website. That one and the username change are a couple of things.

Hello Mauricio.
I looked through your profile and 2 gigs.
Here’s just a few lines from different places I proofread and edited for you:

Hi, my name is Mauricio.
I am a graphic designer with ( ) years of experience. Need graphic designing? Just tell me what you need and I will do the work for you.
Are you visiting Ecuador soon? I will help you plan your trip with detailed information - everything from hotels and transportation, to tips from a native Ecuadorian. Things they don’t tell you in guidebooks.

In my opinion, first thing you need to do is rewrite your profile description, gig descriptions, titles and gig extras.

I am a proofreader and editor, and teach English as a second language. I suggest correcting almost everything, because mistakes in spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc, give an unprofessional impression to potential buyers. I am sure you are professional at graphic design and as a tour guide, but when buyers see lots of mistakes in what you write, they get a bad impression and don’t order gigs. The English needs to be 100% error free.

But this is easy to fix, and I’m sure you will start getting orders after you make the changes.

Also I suggest using entirely different tags, and write gig descriptions with marketing in mind 😉

Best of luck, suerte, May 🙂

Guest allmughne

As I am offering different things that’s why I choosed a name I stead of specific username related to gig. Yes I am going smooth with fiverr. It’s going my favorite freelancing. I am just focusing fiverr and SEO. Speed Patience Quality = more Orders

Guest bewrit

Personally, I’m happy with my username and my experience on fiverr. The only thing I think I would change is my confidence level. When I started out, I’d get so nervous and kept thinking buyers wouldn’t like how I write. Turns out, I just needed to realize my own worth. I won’t make that mistake again.

• 2 weeks later...

Google “Fiverr experiment”. Muliptle lols to be had there. Mainly from the clueless who gave up when… they made no sells. One even then lined to another of their posts on making money online which included gold like saving up empties, sending old DVDs to some company that will flog them for you and worse ideas. Best bit was that the Fiverr gig was still up (paused, but linked to). Hilarious stuff.

Can’t remember it now, but if it’s a matronly looking woman with an overly pink themed blog, you’ve found her. Avoid the logo design experiments, this girl is a writer who apparently was a scrap iron merchant in a past life.

That’s not a bad idea about your journey though. Mek sells moaners, do this.

Archived