Please don't order the wrong gig

fastcopywriter

Us sellers like to be organized, there’s nothing more annoying than having a guy order the X gig when he wants Y or the Y gig when he wants X.

Finding the right gig is super easy, you click on the seller’s name, you look at his gigs, click the right one, then order.

It’s true that we don’t always refund when you order the wrong gig, but why take a chance?

I face this since i started offering Audio Editing Gigs…

I have clearly written in my Gig Description that i dont offer Mastering Services… But still i get orders and then i have to cancel them saying i dont offer this service and then buyer take a long time and gets angry on me …

I really feel that while a Buyer Places an order a Pop Window of our GIG DESCRIPTION should show up to the Buyer so that he understand what he is ordering…

I used to have problems with my Teespring gig, a lot of people thought I was a t-shirt designer. So I had to write the following in bold letters:

I DON’T DESIGN T-SHIRTS- I JUST WRITE COPY FOR THEM.

Most people understand it, but a few still ask for designs.

My latest problem was a guy who ordered the TV gig and asked for brand names. I told him to order brand names, then he told me, “oh well, I do need a TV commercial.” He’s a stranger buyer, hope he gives me a positive review.

• 2 months later...

Sometime Buyers who order wrongly are intentionally stealing, no different than switching tags at a retail store, or shoplifting. Fiver has just started offering the “can’t agree on a price” option for canceling an order. This is obviously a benefit to Sellers, like me, who receive 15% of wrong orders. Finally, Fiverr has realized that there are predatory Buyers that are not just skimming Sellers, but are cutting into a % of Fiverr’s profits too. Neutralizing these predators will decrease much of the companies Customer Service issues, as chronic complaining usually accompanies other bad behaviors. I plan to use that resolution option.

This is exactly right. I’m actually thinking about just quitting Fiverr for a while because of this. I have regular buyers who I have asked to please not order 10+ gigs at a time but still do anyway and buy 1 x $5 gig extra to cover extra fast delivery. I have others who order video gigs only to then request extras after delivery and request cancellation if they don’t get them. At the same time, I have far too many people at present who are ordering my gigs only to send me a message a few hours after ordering to say that they need the work in 24 hours.

This is incredibly annoying as the majority of these people know exactly what they are doing and because a lot of these people are regulars it’s driving me nuts.

Do what I do. Let them get away with it once, but go into anal depth and detail about how next time you will be invoicing them ASAP or just cancelling the gig.

Works 99% of the time. BTW, cell phone booster guy is an ex of mine (I seem to remember that you and writerxxxx are sharing him now, or something). I fired him for doing exactly this and not listening to me. I mean it could be a different guy, but I’m betting not.

Right now I have someone who I’m negotiating with who has placed a gig order while missing a gig extra and won’t pay until “I see it’s worth it”. She’s ordered another separate, smaller gig correctly, too. Guess which gig gets done first and which won’t get touched until I see the $. Then there’s the guy who wants to negotiate with me on a discount for a bulk order who has started off our harmonious relationship by already discounting himself by picking a gig then going “tee hee, I didn’t see this was only 10 words, can you do this anyway?” (piss off). BOTH IN NEGOTIATIONS!

Neither of them is getting their order until the deadline is throbbing, and I have no interest in working with either of them further. If either of you guys read this: well, now you know. Pay or be quiet.

Archived