How do you handle an unresponsive buyer?

Guest wowyou

I currently have my very first problem buyer. Yay me! This person wants several pieces of content written. He ordered over 4 days ago. Since that time he has fallen off the face of the earth. I have no details for his project and therefore cannot start. I have sent him 3 messages and gotten no reply. Time will soon run out and I’ll have nothing to deliver because of this.

I know there is an option for mutual cancellation but since this person is not responding, that is not going to work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your reply! Will that count against me? I did click the cancellation button and it seemed as though this is discouraged. When I clicked it I saw this message:

“This order is still in progress.
If you are having a hard time delivering the buyer’s request, you may want to ask the buyer to mutually cancel this order.”

That’s just a standard reply. Go ahead and cancel, we all do it routinely in these situations. No bad things will come from it at all. I cancel all the time.

You will have to be careful though and MAKE SURE he agrees to cancel within about 24 hours and if he does not agree to the cancellation, be SURE to ask customer service to cancel it for you. If you just let it go and he does not ever agree to cancel it then it will count against you since it is then not a “mutual cancellation”.

If customer service has to cancel it for you it also counts against you but so what?
It’s not a big deal at all unless you do a lot of them this way which you probably won’t.
You have no choice anyway in this situation.

I am in not very different situation as well. Received order few days ago, time is running out and customer act as if he doesn’t understand. I ask for approval of the draft before I start with the main work, he reply with something totally different. Question after question in endless cycle. At the end it looks like I will have to just deliver the order that will be approved by myself…

Some time before I have hired Marketing expert to help me boost my sales, and he told me: “you don’t want every customer”. Back then I didn’t understood what he mean, but now I certainly do.

Archived