Fundraiser Help

anibaner

Started an honest fundraiser. Not working. Poor introduction or tough to understand people’s choice? There are many offering me but everybody seems hasty for money. The do write before they really heard my things. Want a person who is willing to help me to raise money.

Without good communication, your fundraiser will flop, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s to save the starving children of Africa or to raise funds for your amazing new technology. Both responses above (and mine) show you that your English is not that great, and . reading between the lines, it looks like your own English is causing you to hire those who you think look OK with English, with dire, dire results. Triple miscommunication!

Stop harping on about the raising money. Boil your needs and wants out of the job into a short, but informative request. “I am raising money for [preventing domestic abuse], and I need a [writer] to create a [wordcount] proposal for me.” Then you can go into details like “this is my webpage/”, “I need you to mention this specific information”. Something like that. I work well with minimal details, other sellers might need more. People vary.

If you are using kickstarter or similar, you’ll need to get some cool prizes for donators.That will sweeten the pot. Good idea to share that with the writer too, so they can include it in the writing.

There. Don’t write this yourself, and find someone who speaks better English than you to help you find a good writer! It won’t guarantee the $$$, but you’ll be significantly closer to it than you are now.

It’s not entirely clear what you want. However, if you are going for crowdfunding I can tell you that there is one big misconception. The ones that fail are failing because the initiator overlooked the fact that the word ‘crowdfunding’ consist of two words. ‘Crowd’ and ‘funding’. You first need the crowd (a community interested in what you are going to do and that stands already by your side) before you can start the funding.
It just doesn’t work like a magic spell were one starts a campaign and out of nothing people start to donate, no matter what prizes you give away.

I actually came back to Fiverr, after being away for 3 years, because I needed funding but didn’t wanted to start such a campaign without crowd. In the meantime I could get all the stuff the I needed to get going. Luckily. Also, I stay here for a while now.

Archived