Respect to Buyers

veerakm

A Customer is the most important visitor, on our premises.
He is not dependent on us,
We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption on work.
He is the purpose of it.
He is not an outsider to our business.
He is part of it.
We are not doing him a favor by serving him…
He is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do it.

• Mahatma Gandhi

Hello! The tip you wanted to express is fine and although I actually don’t agree with it personally, I understand why many do.

I also think it’s great that you gave a source for the quote. I did want to mention for the sake of accuracy that the quote may not actually be by Gandhi. I’m not openly disputing it because I’ve read different things on it, but it is questionable enough to mention. I believe it’s also been attributed to L.L. Bean although I don’t think any particular proof has been located as to the actual source. Not a big deal and again I respect your offering of a possible source. Good luck with your gigs and your customers!

Partly agree! We should respect our buyers to make the deal memorable and increase repeat customers. But Neither they, nor us, doing any favor. Its a business. We do the work because we are getting paid for it and they pay it because they will get the work done. I don’t think there is any favor in any side at all.
Hope this makes sense.

Gandhi never said this though…it’s some boring businessman quote that’s been dressed up for show using a modern day saint in a move I admire for its cynicism (read all about it here! http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/08/02/gandhi-customer/).

I respect buyers who respect me. There’s no need to be a drooling sycophant, or use misattributed quotes to inspire insipid concepts such as “the customer is always right”.

I feel a more useful tip would revolve around How To Handle This Fragglesrock Buyer Who is Fragglesrocking Me for $5 And Screeching About His Rights While Trampling All Over Me With Spiked Shoes And Being An All Round Terrible Human Being

You can fill in the fragglesrocks with your expletives of choice 🙂 Either way, I find “inspirational quotes” incredibly lazy, piggybacking on the reputation of others (in this case, the misattribution is outright dishonest) and for what, exactly?

It’s not like Gandhi was even that great of a man outside of his enforced sainthood…this quote ticks all my “things that displease me” buttons! But sure, if anyone here feels inspired by it, fill yer boots. It certainly inspired me to have this little moan…

/rant

i don’t agree with this quote personally. I think you are new at Fiverr… Take some time and do work with customers more… and may be after few month your opinion also changed 🙂

One thing this is not sure you will get right customer every time. some buyers want more and more just in very low price or some want it to be free of cost…some gave us bad reviews even they got good service from seller. we are here for doing work and earn money… and buyers here for getting service done by us… so here not any single person favor anyone…we are here for our needs…🙂

Archived