*~*~* The FIVERR AWARDS 2014 *~*~*

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a fun idea to entertain, but it couldn’t be done. Not without having 500 categories. LOL

Think about it.

For a Best Efficiency category, how would you rate what ‘Best’ is? Would you consider being fast as efficient? OR would you consider attention to detail?

Or how would you judge competing people? And by that I mean…

How could you judge someone who provides Youtube views against someone who designs logos… or against someone who prank calls people? You can’t. It’s too diverse.

And that’s why this couldn’t be done. There’s way to much diversity on Fiverr to be able to judge a online reviewer against a celebrity impressionist.

This is a fun idea to entertain, but it couldn’t be done. Not without having 500 categories. LOL

Think about it.

For a Best Efficiency category, how would you rate what ‘Best’ is? Would you consider being fast as efficient? OR would you consider attention to detail?

How could you judge someone who provides Youtube views against someone who designs logos… or against someone who prank calls people? You can’t. It’s too diverse.

And that’s why this couldn’t be done. There’s way to much diversity on Fiverr to be able to judge a online reviewer against a celebrity impressionist.

Think about it.

Think about it.

Think about it.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: Maybe if you look at eveything with a half glass look!

For one it would be down to Fiverr to decide how many they want to do and what categories. I would suggest doing the main one obviously and then making a few that are generic to everyone.

For example The Most Thumbs up award… Which would be down to how much work people put in on their gigs.

Most Creative applies to many people. Selling Youtube Views compared to Designing Logos is a bit of random example.

I wonder if the critiques of the Oscars said there are too many films out there and they are all so diverse that we can’t do this?

No half glass anything.

Comparing selling Youtube views to designing logos is exactly what they would have to do.

Or comparing Voice impersonators over people wearing costumes and saying things.

Your Oscars comparison doesn’t even fit into the Fiverr ballpark. In the Oscars they compare Drama/Drama. Best director against Best director. But there are only a few dozen categories. For Fiverr, the diversity means hundreds of categories. Take a look at the search, pick a category and then look at all the sub categories. There are hundreds.

As for “Most liked”, how would you rate that? A SEO service that is forever busy with thousands of likes compared to a Logo service that has 100 likes? Both of witch have a perfect score? That’s my point. Even with most liked it owuld all come down to demand for the service. Again. Youtube service guy has 10000 Likes. A perfect score. Log guy has 150 Likes. Perfect score. Both are 100% rated but one has 10000. So does that make the ‘10000’ the winner because he has more likes, even though that’s only because he’s sold 10000 gigs? Or if the Youtube guy has 10000 likes and 100 negatives. Other guy has 150 likes with no negatives. The 10000 likes would still win.

As I said. It is a novel idea but way to hard to organize. And let’s say they did do it with 100 categories plus a bunch of sub categories for each one… as well as a ‘Per X amount’ criteria. How would you decide which ‘Per X Amount’ to judge? And if there were hundreds of categories what would be the worth of winning then?

Winner: "I just won the Fiverr award. Yay me."

Other guy: " So. So did 1000 other people. "

So how would you do it? To cut back from hundreds of categories to a small amount? Would you exclude certain types of gigs from taking part? No impersonators or no costume guys/girls? That wouldn’t be fair, they work just as hard as everybody else in their fields.

Again. It is a fun idea to talk about but to actually do it would be too hard, and would have to be so bloated that it wouldn’t mean anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived