AWESOME TIPS FOR BUYERS [Ongoing, Updated Continuously]

sirtaco

Hello there.

Recently I see a lot of requests from buyers in the forum (and in another forums) for tips, so I decided to write a detailed article, which will contain dozens of useful tips for you, the most important persons in Fiverr.

Feel free to add your tips in the comment, and I will add them here. Let’s make a useful resource for the community.

1. Examine your options. There are many sellers here at Fiverr. Not all of them are good, but most of them are awesome & will do anything they can to make you happy. So in order to spot the best seller for your task, all you need to do is examine. Dedicate yourself a 10-20 minutes to review all your options. Take your time to read the seller’s page, his/her reviews and his/her gigs reviews.

2. Don’t be judgmental. Just because a seller has a 0% rating because he didn’t sell anything doesn’t mean that you should not buy from him. I’ll provide a personal example and say that a few days ago, although I had a 0% rating, a person sent me a private message and purchased one of my gigs. This person trusted me, and made me feel so obligated to him, that when I returned home at 4:00AM after a birthday party to my friend, I sat down and started working on his Gig. So what’s your lesson? Put your trust in new sellers. Why? because they the people who wants to succeed more than anyone else.

3. Be extra-specific when speaking to a seller. Make sure that the seller understood your intentions before he/she starts to work on your Gig.

4. Don’t afraid to ask the seller for their status. It is a good idea to ask the seller for their “ETA” once in a while. He might be needing a little more time in order to make you the perfect gig, and this is OK!.

5. Add your tip now! I will update this post whenever I’ll think on more tips. Don’t hesitate to add yours! 🙂

Thank you for reading,

Sirtaco (I like tacos very much, although my country doesn’t seem to have a lot of them 😦

Am i missing something here? i paid for an order to create a page which a seller advertises then when we agree wht my needs are they ask what my budget and because I said i’ve already paid for the order they request to cancel it. wtf? is this common practice? the seller in question is fragglesrock and they need to put on their profile that they will want more money for a job. bad seller!

your gig does NOT in any way say “contact me before purchased for a quote” and is therefore miss-leading and wrong. It should be either removed or updated. you wasted my time which is precious. Like i said to you when i purchased your gig i just want a template design not content adding which i will add myself.

Guest seobookmarkbest

Reply to @millzee: You have to know where you stand point.

For example.
Car costs $ 1,000.
Bike costs $ 100.

You come to buy a car at a price of $ 100.

What do you get?

I hope this helps

@sirtaco This is one of the difficulties of providing tips in a very long ongoing post. I’m not saying it’s always a bad thing, but you will tend to pick up “clutter” posts along the way like a snowball gathering debris. You might want to consider capping this at some point, having the post closed, and then continuing with a part 2.

Another option is to edit your main post to add more details which tends to cause less of that clutter pickup I mentioned.

Archived