How to Get Scammed of Your Entire FIVERR earnings by a buyer!

brandcitytech

hi guys,

just a few days to my level 2 status already riding on a flood of orders,

i received a message from a prospective buyer SHE sent me a SUPPOSED fiverr GIG link so i could check it out and do a video similar to that on the supposed gig page, soon as i clicked the link,

BAM! my $208 of my cleared revenue was withdrawn,

i immediately reported to customer support but nothing could be done about it.

the funds was withdrawn through paypal.

NOTE THIS THE GIG LINK SENT WAS NOT REAL.

AS SOON AS I CLICKED A FIVERR LOGIN PAGE CAME UP TELLING ME TO LOGIN AGAIN AS MY PREVIOUS SESSION HAD EXPIRED. my friend run when you encounter such messages.

Sorry to hear that, I also received that kind of message once but I knew it is a very basic technique in hacking known as phishing. He got your fiverr id and password and then transferred your funds in his/her paypal by loging in to your fiverr account.

whats funny is that i searched for “account hacked” on this forum immediately

and found that a seller made a post similar to mine in 2012 detailing exactly what happened to me.

i just wished i had read it earlier.

so guys be careful i dont think we’ve seen the last of these WICKED folks on Fiverr

I’m confused how this happened? Yes, perhaps they got access to your account using a phishing link, but Fiverr has a double-confirmation process in place which requires you to confirm the withdrawal by clicking on a link sent to your email that you registered with the site at the time you set up your PayPal withdrawal options.

Unless you’re using a LOT of shared passwords, I’m not sure how the phisher gained access to both your Fiverr account and your private email account.

Reply to @jamesbulls: My guess would be that once they have access to your Fiverr account, they change the email address and PayPal account associated with it–I don’t really know how else they would be able to steal all of your funds. I mean, that would take more than eight seconds, but that’s all I can figure. 'Course, not being a hacker myself, wouldn’t really know that much about it.

Archived