The 3 Tips you MUST Know to Spot and Avoid Bad Buyers

david388

First, i note that buyer have to inbox me b4 place order, so that i can review the task i need to done this job, if i feel not good, i say i’m not ready.

2nd, if i feel the buyer is maybe so hard or they want me to be his slave, mutual cancel is save time for both.

But nearly all my buyer are so lovely, they very nice and some tips me when i got which fix for them. love them so much

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week I had a client that wanted more and more revisions. He kept telling me that this is a awfull editing, work, etc. After 5 days of working on it, finally I gave up and gave him a refund after I’ve made a voice over and video animation. But guess what? In the same day the video was added on his website.

So…I can agree with the refund but how Fiverr protects our work from these “cheaters”? Clients should get only a preview until they mark the order as complete. This is just not fair.

mutual cancelation sometimes is the best. I got this seller who came in with an open offer. I stated clearly in my gig that contact me before you order, this buyer came in with an open offer that I should design a creative T shirt, I did these designs, awesome once but all this buyer has to say, is that it is not his taste, then I I asked, what is yours then?? this almost landed in a refund which he asked for. but at the end if the day, what he was asking for was different from what I understood him of needing. it really sucks when dealing with some buyers.

mutual cancelation sometimes is the best. I got this seller who came in with an open offer. I stated clearly in my gig that contact me before you order, this buyer came in with an open offer that I should design a creative T shirt, I did these designs, awesome once but all this buyer has to say, is that it is not his taste, then I I asked, what is yours then?? this almost landed in a refund which he asked for. but at the end if the day, what he was asking for was different from what I understood him of needing. it really sucks when dealing with some buyers.

I’ve dealt with lots of Fiverr Sellers who were incompetent and unprofessionals. The reason they always tell me why they can’t do the gigs was “I got into an accident.” Then, Fiverr won’t allow me to give a review. So, Fiverr is not only protecting these bogus Sellers but their company. That’s why I’d rather pay $50-$100+ on Freelancer and other professional websites, than paying $5.00 for a very low quality and dishonest Sellers on Fiverr.

Reply to @budwizegrl: Yeah, according to some of the posts I’ve seen here, people on Fiverr get into a lot of accidents/have the worst health or some family problems 😕 Not sure how other sites work, but you usually only get some basic work done for 5$ on Fiverr if you are looking for top quality, especially for designs or website building.

Guest mohsinraza50

I try not to cancel the order. I ask a lot of questions to make everything clear. And I make sure the client knows why I’m asking so many questions. I then, before delivering, make sure he knows what I’m offering. If its understood I deliver the order mentioning that I can make modifications if he’d like. If he persists, I never deliver the order and request for cancellation.
Putting it simply, I do not offer the buyer a chance to post negative review. Fortunately, I have not encountered any buyer who’s asking me to do what I don’t offer. But there are always minor confusions that can be ironed out through questioning. Hope I helped.

Guest mohsinraza50

Reply to @budwizegrl: I’d highly suggest messaging sellers prior to placing the order. The ones who are for real will give a promising response. Hopefully you can find ideal deals on Fiverr.

I’m going in to my second year selling on fiverr and I have to say 99% of my buyers are fantastic! Thankfully it’s only one percent that are a royal pain.
However this is the same across ALL business platforms and just part of life.

Here are a few aikido tips I’ve learned to side step a troublesome buyer:

1. Communication is poor. They place a vague order that leaves you kind of hanging. You makes several requests and they don’t respond. Best to cancel before the confusion escalates.

2. Refuses to accept cancellation, yet also refuses to clarify their needs. Buyer requires you to “interpret” their needs. Well guess what? They will not be satisfied with your guess work. If they can’t clarify, insist on cancellation stating you don’t feel you can deliver on their needs.

3. Adds information after the gig is completed that was not part of the original order. In some cases this is just a buyer not understanding how fiverr works. Politely send them a custom quote for the upgrade in service. Cut and paste their origin instructions with your custom quote so there are no misunderstandings.

4. Starts a gig and then waits until the last minute to provide you with the materials you need to complete the gig. Most buyers do not understand that sellers are under the clock. If you find the buyer has not left enough time for you to complete a gig successfully, request a mutual cancellation and ask buyer to resubmit. Let them know you simply do not have enough wiggle room to complete the order on time or send a custom quote for extra fast delivery.

5. Buyer wants you to be their consultant. While a little input is fine, some buyers message non-stop. They expect you to be on call until the gig is delivered. Politely tell the buyer you will be unavailable for the next 24 hours due to work obligations. Most people respect this and will give you the space and time to complete orders.

Finally, realize we sellers need a whole lot of patience when working on a platform like fiverr. I always assume a buyer has no idea how fiverr works. This helps me to take my time and explain things in more detail when a buyer is requesting an order. The more I can explain upfront about what is or what is not included with an order, the less likely we are to have misunderstandings after delivery.

If the screw up is mine, I am more than happy to refund or modify; yet sometimes at the end of the day, nothing will satisfy a moody buyer. At that point we have to use personal discretion. Either cancel or refund to get them out or if we’ve done our best, let the chips fall where they may with buyer ratings.

I’m somewhat new but one of the things i make sure I do is to at least give some sort of explanation as to why I’m canceling a client’s order. You see a couple of weeks ago I was a client, I purchased something from another fiverr seller. We did not have any interaction but out of the blue I received a cancel request. So I asked the seller why the cancellation? Waited and waited and no response. I thought it was kind of rude to not even acknowledge my question so I went ahead and accepted the mutual cancellation.

I’m relatively new to Fiverr. I’ve been on for about two months and I’ve had to deal with a few (more like 2) buyers where they agreed to what they purchased. For example, I created custom offers for these guys and I listed, “3 artwork + background for a price of $45,” very simple, very easy to understand. Then, after I submit the completed work, they request a modification, not because they want something changed but because they want to ADD more work without any extra charge. Recently, today, some guy asked for 15 more drawings without wanting to pay anymore.

He liked what I did. Obviously, that’s why he asked for more. But I didn’t want to deal with him because he seemed so shady already, so I requested a mutual cancellation. Why do the sellers get hurt when there are such crappy buyers out there? Is there anyway to dispute that?

how about the modification buyer who "will order another gig after one week, but won’t let you close the gig and goes AWOL after you put on top CS and politely request that you “redeliver” so you can close the damn thing

If I close it without permission, I risk a Bad Review. I don’t even care about the potential new gig–the “5 days ago” on my to do list is irritating me. Never mind the massive REJECT label.

I have only ever had one difficult client who would not provide enough information for me to successfully deliver a gig to my liking. Despite repeated requests for further information he wouldn’t supply any. I did use guess work to complete a gig I hoped he’d be happy with, but he said it wasn’t what he was looking for and he decided on a different approach then requested to cancel the gig.

How about pre-buyers who send a long and detailed message, and you reply with “sorry, really busy right now [paraphrasing, my actual stock reply is much more pro]” who then turn into hellish people spitting venom about “WASTING MUH TIME” and “WHY YOU ADVERTISIN’ ANYWAY?”

Phew, bullet dodged. Sometimes the bullet gets lodged and you have to play the “this sucks” game. Personally, unless they really irritate me with their entitled asstalk, I’m just going to issue a refund and ignore their angry raving.

I am not adverting. I am one of millions of sellers on a website that has decided I’m cool. I have no control (aside from vacation) over my slot. Go away and stop bitching. And don’t you demand a refund with a :), because I have acres of time to waste and I’ll use it with extreme prejudice. It’s in the TOS and I’ve spent my time working for you. Play pro and nice and we can work to make the copy better. Chew me out ASAP and I’m not playing the game.

I agree with AshleeBella, I have about 3% of losers who just want a “free” document. At first I was quick to refund when I had a"moody" buyer, total lack of communication, they would say “I don’t know what I want, you are the Professional you tell me and when you obviously cannot read their mind they are not happy, yeap… then wait…it turns up on their web page…wow…how could they put such “lousy” work on their site. Try to complain to Fiverr…huge waste of time. I have gone 3 times to Fiverr support with all the “ammo” on my side, but no they told me they have to allow them to comment and leave a negative. No help there. So I took matters into my own hands. First I cut and paste their comments and send back to them, then on my site I state upfront I only take custom quote gigs, if they do not ask for a quote don’t buy. Yes I get the deaf, dumb and blind who send me $5 and I send it back with a note, cannot complete gig as buyer did not remit proper amount and 99% of the time they decline and send me the proper amount. Don’t short yourself do not work for $5. Up your prices and get a better clientele. I will risk the bad review as long as I know I did a worthwhile job, I want to be compensated. Yes I have had about 3 bad reviews, in the long run never hurt my business, all I can say is “loser!””

Archived