Raising sales by participating in forum discussions

Guest willedridge

Guest willedridge

This is a bit of exploratory research.

Has anyone noticed any significant increases in sales by actively participating in forum discussions?

I recently posted a provocative article that resulted in 178 views for one of my gigs in a 24 hour period but it had very little impact on sales in general.

I’ve also tried an “introduction” style post which was only viewed a few times as well as an informative post. The informative post was more successful but wasn’t viewed anywhere near as much as my provocative dear buyer post which got approx 600 views.

I’d love to know if overall you think the forum has been an important factor for generating sales and if you use it specifically for driving sales or for any other purposes.

Guest willedridge

Reply to @mrproofreading: Yeah that mirrors my results and the views of a few others I’ve had inbox conversations with.

Have you found any strategies other than to SEO your gig and hope it’s found?

This is interesting to say the least. I’m not sure if I have seen an increase but know that I am constantly swamped with gigs. In the last six months I have seen an increase in sales and views just from writing quality content. I am an article and blog writer. I have been on Fiverr about three years and am usually in the top five or ten on article and PR submissions but it took a boat load of work. For anyone who really wants to increase sales I would say this. First and more importantly don’t get frustrated and think “awww this is a bunch of B.S.” Like anything it takes time to climb the ladder. If you offer something that is in demand and do it to the best of your ability you will move forward. Don’t think of the bottom line meaning don’t think I have to make this much…bla bla bla. Think of yourself as a steady moving train picking up steam as you go along. Some days you may think it’s a pain of too much work. On those days take a break and put the gig on vacation. Other days you may feel like it’s going too easy and take advantage of those times. It really does just take time, determination and the ability to produce a quality product day after day. I am a Marine Corps vet and electrician by trade. I was never a writer and am self taught. If I can do it anyone can!

While I haven’t studied my stats since joining the Fiverr forum, I can confirm that I haven’t received any new orders stating that they saw me in the forums. The forums are great for my peace of mind as it is good interacting with other sellers and getting tips since I am a newbie. Put me in the bored Seller category LOL.

AYYYYY! I have just got a Sale!!! Just Like that its so easy…

Lol… It depends on fiverrs Mood… If it says we need money… Then Get away Newbies…

Where are our Top Rated sellers So If you can Check I have seen a Top Rated Seller Flooded With Work 200 Orders in Que… Which Is Something about…$800 without the Gig Extras that Buyers Buy… So it can Make up to $1000 for The Seller and $200 for Fiverr without the Gig Extras…so it can Make up to $250

now My Point is when fiverr need Money they will flood their Top Rated Sellers when they Dont They Will Just Give You a Chance…

So lets pray that Fiverr dont Need Money 😃

I’ve made a few connections from posts in the forum, but the people I met here were already shopping or active in the same category that I’m listed in, so I’m confident we would have connected anyway. As others have said, the Fiverr forum has almost no impact on generating sales - this is a place for bored sellers, angry buyers, or sellers who are trading tips about how to work the Fiverr system. If Fiverr didn’t require forum participation to achieve Top Rated Seller, I’m not sure I’d even be that active here.

I’m not sure my sales have increased as a result of activity of the forum but I have had the pleasure of chatting and even getting some really good advice from other sellers. It’s also quite entertaining reading some of the discussions between the forum regulars.

If I was going to buy a gig, I know I’d definitely be influenced by whose posts I’ve read and who’s attitude to the work I think I’d want to work with. Mostly though, the forum is just a bit of fun, it’s just a shame there’s such an incredibly amount of dross on here and ‘why no un buy mi gig!!!’ so the thoughtful discussion is in the minority.

I treat the forum like an office water cooler. If I need a break but don’t want to leave the office (the website), I’ll break open the forum and see what’s happening, before heading back to my desk to get back to work.

Like mystic_insight said, it really depends on your gig. I’ve had maybe one or two buyers say they found me on the forums.

I have, however, been able to refer a buyer whose project wasn’t in my purview or who was looking for an additional service that I don’t offer to other sellers that I’ve seen frequently in the forum. Especially when it comes to sending someone to another seller for writing tasks, bopping around the forum gives me the opportunity to find people in my same industry who I know are actually real people, native speakers, and are probably not trying to scam buyers.

Archived