Need Feedback: How Can We Help You with Late Deliveries?

kashmiah

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @mintyone: but I don’t think the buyer is always thinking that. Meaning many buyers think the clock starts when they pay their $5. So then if it says 2 day delivery and they put in their materials several hours later, and then the clock doesn’t start until then, they would feel it was late if it then took 2 days from that time. So buyers submitting materials timely is an issue that many sellers have issues with.

Before working on late delivery, fiverr must set someway to fix mutual delivery date. Delivery date needs more interactive and/or sophisticated setting. Say a gig which is set for 500 words translation in 1 day has received an order of 5000 words, but delivery date not get multiplied by 5000/500=10. It remains 1 days.

Fiverr 1st need to fixed up this option depending on volume of works and mutual acceptance of sellers and buyers. Only after the acceptance of delivery date from both side the order will be active.

Once this will be done then the requirement of late delivery option will be hugely reduced. Late delivery somehow show some negativity towards sellers capability, so I am not much fond of that.

Thanks!

I think there should be an opportunity to extend gig delivery time,especially when there are multiple gigs. Recently the buyer and I agreed that the work could be delivered in about a week. However , after 2 days the late notification came, and this does not allow for optimum performance on the part of the seller because he/she feels pressured even though the buyer might not be expecting the delivery in 2 days.

@mintyone As an example of why a deadline extension would be fantastic to have to mutually agree upon is: Last month I had a bunch of gigs in my queue and was in a debilitating car accident. My gigs require me to film, and I was in a neck brace with lacerations. I had to individually message each and every buyer to let them know what was going on.

I’d like to not need to tell them all my personal business.

I have university, and a full time job which fluctuate very rapidly. So I can’t always just “own up” to my delivery time.

Reply to @orhugs: First, I’m sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you’re better.

Thankfully, these things happen EXTREMELY rarely. I still think you’d have to tell your buyers your personal business if you requested an extension (if that were a feature). I don’t see how an extension feature would change this situation. When you’re well enough to be at a computer, simply create a general message explaining your circumstances and then paste the same message for each order. This would actually take less time than requesting an extension from each buyer.

Imagine with the extension feature what would happen if a buyer rejected it. What would you do?

Your studies and full time job are all things you should take into account when creating your delivery times. We all get busy, and unexpected things happen. This is exactly why it’s a good idea to take however many days it normally takes you to finish a project, and double it as a good general rule.

“Owning up” (your words, not mine) to any delivery time is important. As a university student, you know that your assignments are due when they’re due, no exception. You’re required to show up to work when expected, on time. Your buyers on Fiverr are no different. If you’re late, there are necessary consequences.

Sellers should deliver on time - and if they can’t fulfill the deadline, they should offer a complimentary gig or something else. It’s very difficult to rely on our own deadlines if we can’t get products when promised. Especially because so many people are finding all kinds of ways for services to be much more than $5…all of these add on’s and it’s not as reliable. Seller should be penalized by Fiverr if they don’t communicate with buyer in advance of missing deadline as well.

I’ve been on both sides of this issue. Needing a gig finished on time is a basic of business. Your Customer expects what you said you can do. This is the real world so set up your Gig times to reflect real world production plus padding! All my gigs are marked at 3 days. I can pop them out in a day. I pad the delivery so I do not need to ask for time. My clients get their orders in 1 to 2 days and think I’m a miracle worker. I also offer all of my gigs in one day. Darn skippy, I deliver them in 8 hours or less. Late means you don’t VALUE your customers time. Being Late Needs to have Consequences. The Customer Should Never Suffer. Why would you even ask them too? To FIVERR this is really just a seller training issue.

Reply to @snapbliss: When I first started I had two gigs that I said I would deliver within 1 day. The result? Didn’t do that any more.

Of the orders only one requested a mod which was an easy fix but this was back in fiverr’s infancy days. Plus the buyer was pretty much glued to the site.

On the flip site, there are things that surface that not even the buyer/seller can handle; like bad weather, power outages, site server issues, etc.

You do touch on some important points which not many take into account when they are starting a gig for the first time.

I think the settings for delivery should be changed a bit, depending on how busy the seller is. For example:

I can manage to do 10 ‘gigs’ a day. As long as my queue is less than 10 gigs, my deadline is 1 day (24 hours). If I get a lot of orders, more than 10, my deadline will be 2 days. This automatically diverts some buyers to other sellers that are still able to deliver within one day. Buyers that believe you will deliver the best quality can still order, but they would have to accept a longer delivery time.

As a seller what I face is, sometimes buyer not providing the credentials which I’m looking for to setup their accounts. and that’s where the order is delayed. Even if it is clearly mentioned once they order the Gig.

So what I would recommend that incase the buyer is not providing such information as a seller there should have option that they can increase the deadline with the specific reason attach with that, so buyer will also know that why it is being delayed.

I agree with allowing an extension or, something should be in place to help out with late orders. I have a job, meaning, I could have three to five work days in a row, before I would have a free day to work on fiverr. I put that in my bio but, some buyers still don’t care. I’m not sure if they even read the bio.

The only logical thing you can do to manage late deliveries is a MUTUAL extension option. People stating that this is a bad idea are only analyzing certain scenarios – since its a mutual agreement, both the buyer and seller have to agree otherwise the deadline is not extended.

You COULD if you wanted REMOVE the negative feedback that follows late deliveries and have more of an internal tracker that affects average delivery time (as it currently does). Beyond that I can’t fathom any other logical means of dealing with late deliveries that keeps both buyers and sellers in mind.

Guest jasmine_logo

Make two options on buyers order page for showing after deadline as follow…

’‘Accept sellers’ late delivery offer and give him more 12,6,2 hours’’ or '‘go for a mutual cancellation’'

Thanks

Jasmine.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect sellers to deliver as initially agreed or suffer the consequences of being rated unfavorably. It’s just good customer service to deliver on time. There is a lot of competition on Fiverr and this is one way buyers can separate the reliable sellers from the not so reliable ones. There’s really no excuse for late delivery when the seller determines the time needed to complete the gig.

Archived