Does anyone know what happens if Fiverr gig clock expires?

Guest freelancepromw

Guest freelancepromw

Hello,

So I could not find the option for sending a custom order, and both my buyer and I agreed on doing it another way. This method required him buying multiple extra fast gig extras to reach the total cost of the order. However, this project won’t be completed in the time that’s been set by Fiverr (buyer is aware and okay with this).

However, my question is will this affect my rating at all if I let the clock expire? Even if the buyer potentially leaves positive feedback will my status be affected?

Thanks to everyone who shares their advice/experience!

-Mike

Hello Mike,

I think you should better sending a custom offer for this kind of sales, then you can adjust the time frame from 1-30 days, then the clock works accordingly. As I learned the clock expiring is not good for your account, it affects your gig ranking.

The clock will go into the red. After 24 hours, your buyer will have the option to cancel. Too many of these will either land you with negative feedback or a mark against your account.

If it’s a one-off, you’ll be ok this time, as long as your buyer doesn’t accidentally cancel.

Guest freelancepromw

Thank you guys for the input. I actually could not find the custom order form. I used to be able to find it by clicking on a message from the person I wanted to send an order to. However, since their update the other day I cannot find that option along with a few other buttons. 😦

@freelancepromw Dont worry about the time in this case. if the buyer is cosure with it then you are set as it was stated before make sure he/she doesn’t try to cancel it. .

To get to the custom order open a message with him (not the fiverr sale window.) but from the inbox

You will see the button as the picture shows that I attached.

Hope this helps you some.

Guest freelancepromw

@ardicus - Hey brother, this was a HUGE help. I appreciate you taking the time to take some screenies for me. After looking, the custom order button above the message box is no longer there. I don’t know why, but I presume this is an issue that support will have to help me through, so I’ve messaged them already.

Yeah, the buyer is completely cool with everything. So I hope that Fiverr support will be able to help me resolve this.

Again, thanks so much!

Communicate extremely well. You and your client can take as long as you want on an order. If you think about it. You want to provide the highest level of service and sometimes that includes multiple revisions on a complex project. The system handles that dynamic well. This becomes an issue if the client is late giving you information or introduces new information to the gig or is requesting modifications. Communicate very well and quickly. I do each revision in a matter of hours. This leaves a great last impression on your service as you finish the project.

Potential problems after 24 hours late:

1. They can accidentally hit the cancel button and the system will automatically negatively review the cancelled order. This also shuts down the ability for you to communicate with the buyer,
  2. If the order is on a gig, the delivery time will count in your delivery time average.

custom quote when you can.

Guest freelancepromw

Just want to thank everyone for their encouraging replies. Turned out my account was undergoing some technical issues. Fiverr support was quick to fix them, though. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
Guest phantompower

It’s like a ticking tie bomb when it expires your account will blow up into pieces. By the way if both you and the seller are aware that the job won’t be done on time. Ask the buyer to extend the delivery time.

Archived