Some Advice for me please, on my official Level 2 day :D

rhiannonelward

So, I got to Level 2 today, which I never thought I’d manage. I have so many orders and I hate turning work down so I am basically sleeping very little and still not earning a great deal (I’m a writer with two young kids and most of my work involves a fair bit of research. I want to raise my prices, but I’m terrified of what that will do to my customer base, I’d hate to lose everybody’s custom by thinking I’m worth more than I actually am. Does anyone feel like sharing their experience or tips with me on my Level 2 day? I’d really appreciate it, there seem to be so many writers here that earn lots more than me but there are also loads that don’t, am I getting ahead of myself?

I am not level 2 Fiverr provider yet, but I think it will all come down to testing. Each gig has different customer base which means that you need to adapt accordingly. Position yourself as a high quality provider, versus someone who does more work. If you raise prices and it has negative impact, then go back to regular price. Find what works.

You’re right, I do need to adapt accordingly. At the moment I know I’m doing it wrong, I have one gig that makes all of my money and another gig that nobody has ever ordered. I need to sort it out. Maybe I can pay a competitor to help me sort my profile and gigs out.

Thanks so much for the advice, you have great strategy and I’m sure you’ll be Level 2 very soon 🙂

Congratulations for your upgrade. @rhiannonelward

Not much of a feeling except that purple badge, priority customer support and (probably little drop in sales). Increasing the price on fiverr is a bad methodology since the people are coming here to buy for $5 - but you could drop the quality of your gigs (metaphorically speaking).

In your case you can drop down the word count for 100-150 for new customers. But always provide them with extra when delivering - and let your currently repeated customers they have the same price.

For example, when a buyer orders 350 words article from me , In the Order requirements I state that “if there are no revisions of the work they will get +150 words for the next order” and this stimulates a buyer to buy again from me and still provide a clear instructions instead of a keyword or company name…

Best of luck!

Thanks kreativa 🙂 I appreciate the pricing issues, people expect a bargain from fiverr and I understand that. What I need to consider is a little demand and supply, I’m getting more orders than I can handle and I’m not prepared to do less work to meet my customers’ needs so the alternative is to raise prices, which should lead to a more manageable workload and the same amount or perhaps a little more money. I still think they’ll be getting a bargain, so while I respect that I need to work cheaply I feel like I have the experience and confidence to take the leap. I can always climb back down with my tail between my legs if it goes wrong haha.

Thanks for your kind advice 🙂

Hi, I might be able to help a little from a buyer’s perspective. Over the last month or two I’ve ordered a fair number of gigs.

I took a quick look at your gigs and read that your main issue is time versus money (the oldest conflict in the history of anything ever!)

You said that research takes more time than writing.

You might try offering a gig doing research suggestions instead of the actual research itself. Know what I mean? Many people aren’t asking the right question to begin with, so you could fire back a message telling them what to ask.

Another option could be to offer a certain amount of time spent researching a certain question a customer gives you. You could say “I’ll spend 20 minutes using my insider network to find an answer for you”. The customer gets the benefit of 20 minutes of expert academic research, which will likely be a lot more than they’d get from 20 minutes spent on google being distracted by cat videos or something.

I appreciate your refusal to lower your standards and do less work. I hope it proves rewarding. Have you taken a good long look at what other similar sellers are providing? There is always something unique you can do.

Having ordered 25 or so gigs in the last month or two, I can tell you that most of the sellers were pretty average, a couple were below, and a couple were standouts. I will go to the ones who communicated quickly, clarified what I wanted if there were any questions, and provided what I wanted.

Note that almost all the sellers provided what I ordered. That is absolutely crucial to understand, I think, if a seller is to be successful. The difference wasn’t in what I thought they could do, it was how they could do it that made the difference.

I’m toying with the idea of selling gigs myself and will take my own advice if it comes to that.

Just some thoughts.

Archived