Decline order button

mark74

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a no-brainer; I totally agree!

Even though my gigs clearly state “don’t order before contacting me”, buyers just ignore it and submit orders that I can’t possibly deliver or are just a fraction of a realistic price…

I can’t believe this functionality isn’t already available. Please protect your sellers, Fiverr. Thank you!

I only saw this post after I posted my own suggestion, but this is definitely a very widespread problem, and one which is causing me a lot of sleepless nights at the moment! I had the idea of a mode which could be activated on your gig to only allow orders to be placed with the seller’s consent - a decline order button would work too!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we seriously need something like

limit of orders for one gig (e.g. 10 orders, then the gig automatically hides or unables new orders)

decline order in 24h or so, so buyer wouldn’t loose much time and seller would get a chance

yes this is a feature we really require. or rather than a decline button only, add an accept order and decline order button would do and especially would save us sellers our reputation. As most cancellation orders are the orders that was placed prior to discussing. If the decline order button was not pressed within the 24 hours it will automatically continue the remaining time.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, there should be optional decline button for each gig, so if seller wants, he/she can on/off decline button for each gig. But still, in 2017, there is no such a option for seller. I hope soon Fiverr willplace something like this for sellers 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

it is a very useful button.
sometimes buyer and seller have different understanding about the gigs. And sometimes buyer doesn’t provide enough information to start,and maybe need several days to get enough information,if the order starts automatically, it will waste much time,and there will be misunderstanding between the buyer and seller.
so “Accept” and “Decline” button should be there ;
if buyer put an order,seller can communicate with the buyer before “Accept”,to get enough information;
After “Accept”,time track can start; if buyer and seller could not continue the order, “Decline”,then the order can be finished.

• 3 weeks later...

I would kill to have this function implemented. I had two or three big gigs going on at one point time, and just when I finished a third of my workload, I got in a massive new one. It’s stressful, even though I have it in my description that they should contact me first. One client asked “could you do x y and z for another project?” Told them I’d be flailing my arms and punching the keyboard randomly if I did, but if given time, I could potentially learn. Got a $50 gig the next day doing something I have no idea on how to do.

Yay. Stress life is real life.

Archived