My buyer dissappeared

zen_turtle

Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to selling on Fiverr and so far my experience has been great, I’m loving it but I now seem to have come across an issue and was hoping for some advice.

A buyer who purchased my web design gig seems to have dissappeared. Communicating with them has never been smooth but he seems to have gone MIA now for 5 days. The gig is due in 2 days and I don’t know what to do. Should I just deiver it? Will I get paid?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Zen Turtle

I think that you should deliver. Sometimes buyers are very busy and don’t get back to you immediately. If you complete the work I believe that after three days it is completed automatically and you will get your money. Someone correct me if I am wrong! 🙂

This happened to me also with a web site. I had an EXTREMELY picky client and I ended up making this person a website that I would have charged most people 3000 dollars and I made a deal to do the work for 45.00. When it was time for me to finish the work they just vanished. I didnt mark the order as completed because technically it never was. I just marked it as completed today and I guess I will see if I even receive the 45.00.

I have someone who ordered two connected gigs. I delivered the first one, and he has asked for modification but, other than saying “it won’t do” he gives no clue as to what exactly is wrong. I’ve asked three times for clarification but have had no response. The two gigs are due to deliver in three days. I don’t know if he’s disappeared, busy or just not taking notice of my queries.

I always deliver fast because my gigs are with 24h delivery.

After 3 days the order is complete.

If the buyer request a modification in the last day, and you don’t deliver in time, it only appear the you’re LATE.

You can deliver even after that day and close the deal.

I’ve had this happen several times. Sometimes they’ll pop back up after it auto-completes, and sometimes I’ll never hear from them again. If you’ve done the work, then you should deliver. They’ll have time to request modification if they want it, and it’ll auto-complete after 3 days.

Agree with above. I always send a bit of a caution message saying that I will be delivering on time either way and if they need modifications I would be happy to do so.

If they never respond and gig is delivered/auto-completed the only negative I can see is that you miss out on the possible positive feedback.

This happens often, and yes if the work is complete go ahead and deliver. The gig will auto-complete after 3 days if they do not complete it first.

I have had it happen once or twice where the gig was mostly done but I was waiting for feedback. In those cases I still completed and just explained why I completed the job and that modifications can still be made.

Most people are pretty reasonable.

Reply to @msbooker: Me too! Sometimes it backfires though. For example, I’ll give the explanation for the delivery to a non-responsive buyer. Days will pass. Then after the auto-complete the buyer will message with hours worth of revisions that I could have been working on the whole time. And honestly, I feel less of an obligation to deliver quickly when there’s no official gig in play.

• 4 weeks later...

@zen_turtle : It happened with me also at the start of my journey on Fiverr.

The person ordered the gig without even contacting and then disappered.

I just marked the order as delivered and after 3 days it was marked as completed from buyers end automatically.

And I received the amount and I had already withdrawn also that amount.

And that person has never responded to any of my message till now 😛

Archived