Before you spam this forum, think

liquidlettuce

Sellers, here’s a tip. One that is repeated over and over and over and over and over, but a select few never listen to.

Don’t spam the forums by self-promoting your gigs. There is only ONE forum where that is allowed, called “MY FIVERR GIGS”.

Think for a minute, about the message you are really sending by spamming this forum with self-promotion.

When we see gig self-promotion (spam) in here, it is a clear indication that, as a seller, you don’t know how to follow rules and instructions and/or lack sufficient reading comprehension. If you can’t follow simple forum rules, it stands to reason that you would not follow any instructions we send you when ordering your gig. You may as well call your gig “Stay away from this seller.” That’s the message you’re sending.

Actually, I like it when folks spam this forum. It tells me right away who NOT to order from.

Boycott the spammers/scammers. Buy gigs from honest folks who follow the rules.

Thank you! I make a mental note of forum spammers, especially those who do it repeatedly. I can think of one or two right now that looked interesting but after seeing their repeat posts and self-promoting comments under other posts I wouldn’t order from them if they were the only people with that gig. I agree with kjblynx too, this post should stay bumped!

Guest celticmoon

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I find that spam so irritating. I’ve been accused of being sarcastic (Yup. I am), so in order to not offend sensitive souls, I now say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ to those people, but inside I’m thinking almost the same thing @fonthaunt said: I wouldn’t buy from you if this were the last gig on earth, because your rude behavior tells me you think you’re more important than everyone else here.

Unfortunately, a new batch will come on board, and one day they’ll check out the forum, get all excited at finding a new playground, and spam all the other members thinking they’ve found the Fountain of Sales, or something. So it’s a continual battle~

Onward, ho! :)>-

Throwing a big ol’ THANK YOU for this. People who spam the forum drive me banana time because it does absolutely NOTHING for them. I don’t mind the errant newbie every now and again who self promotes in the wrong category. They usually are making an honest mistake. But these last few jokers…my god…

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Well apparently the spammers took you to heart. Have you noticed the new thinly-veiled attempts at spamming by writing phony “Content”. It’s so laughable. The latest one just cut/pasted somebody else’s work, infringing on copyright, and pasted "Check out my awesome gig " at the end.

My dad used to sing this song “Some people’s children…” you can write the rest of the song yourself. lol

• 2 weeks later...

most of people that will do that are just using a SEO method, for the rest, the buyer gonna click on the link and won’t be interested because he will just see that nobody buy it (that’s why you’re spamming it)

So you better revise your gig, get cheap if you’re starting, and then grow

Also, forum username are linked to you’re fiverr profile, you make more interest and sense if you’re just “thinking for a minute,” like liquidlettuce is saying, for you’re reply, buyer will see you’re smartness and, it may return more than just spamming you’re gig with basic comments …

What’s also annoying is that if you dare post in the forums, expect SPAM in your inbox here on Fiverr. It never fails, every time I post here, I get a slew of spam telling me how they can market my Fiverr Gig to over 5million FB, YouTube or Tweeters out there. Ok, 5mil may be facetious, but, it is like clockwork. I bet I get some spam today for this post.

GG

Reply to @liquidlettuce: I love it when I see topics like, “Please help me by looking over my gigs!” The small dried up kernel of humanity left in me thinks one or two of them are just making an “honest mistake”…but most…it’s basically "Buy Stuff From Me!"

I also love it when it’s in the “Tips for Buyers” section. Sorry, asking for someone to look over your gigs is in no way shape or form a “Tip for a buyer.”

Reply to @mgjohn78: That’s a brilliant idea. I haven’t bought much here on Fiverr so I don’t think much of it, but that’s a great way to make sure a seller you are about to work with isn’t the conductor on the express train to Crazy Town.

If they give good advice, then they are safe to work with. If all they do is spam, rant and rave, don’t walk, but RUN from them. If they don’t post at all, then you are no worse off than you were before.

If it’s not already in the “Tips for Buyers” section, I would urge you consider starting a topic or adding it to an existing one. (Admittedly I don’t spend much time hanging out in the “Tips for Buyers” section so this may be old news. If so, ignore the ramblings of a man who has yet to have his coffee this morning…)

Reply to @theslackjaw:

Yep, to make things easy i use a word filter browser extension, whenever a seller spams in the forum i add the seller name to the list and filter "seller name ••••SPAM WARNING••••"

So when i search gigs spam sellers (sellers who don’t pay attention to instructions) can easily be avoided as i see the spam warning after their name.

As an example adding filter to my own username for this screenshot. So if i was listed my name would show like this everywhere on fiverr including in search results.

Archived