Why are there so many rude people on the forum?

velmiar

Question

I've been a member of the Fiverr forum for a few days now, trying to get accustomed to the platform. I've noticed some users who are not very helpful and seem to enjoy making unhelpful or even offensive comments. Additionally, there are some who have created archives of GIFs that they find funny and use repeatedly, often disrupting discussions. I'm curious why these kinds of behaviors are not discouraged or penalized.

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

22 hours ago, velmiar said:

I've been a member of the Fiverr forum for a few days now, trying to get accustomed to the platform. I've noticed some users who are not very helpful and seem to enjoy making unhelpful or even offensive comments. Additionally, there are some who have created archives of GIFs that they find funny and use repeatedly, often disrupting discussions. I'm curious why these kinds of behaviors are not discouraged or penalized.

Imagine working for close to a lifetime to do something, only for some youtubers to claim that anyone can do it (which is false) and cause people who barely even speak English well enough to make it on a global site (and so unfortunately get scammed on a daily basis) to flood that space. 

Imagine being an artist whose work is now reduced in price because "anyone can make logos in Canva"... even if that's false.

Imagine hearing the same 5 tips from thousands of sources that you KNOW do not work and will only cause some people to waste their time. Imagine knowing that many of these people do actually need the money and are ending up in worse situations because they are falling for what they read on the Internet. 

We aren't rude.

We've been trying to educate people on how they are being scammed by YouTube gurus for years and the only thing we get are rude replies back.

Furthermore- as mentioned before, many people don't speak English well on here. Being direct can actually be helpful (even if it sounds rude to them).

Fiverr isn't this unknown goldmine that people are discovering by accident - its cutthroat competition but try explaining that to people and they will either ignore you or curse you out. 

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's really like this.

If you do a bit of research, all of these "rude" people have made hundreds of useful topics and posts. Many have left because their advices go unheard - or ignored. 

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Its always the less-than-a-month-old accounts who think they know everything😎 and in OP's case - they know everyone personally too!! 🥰

Isn’t it ironic? New accounts often come in so confident, as if they’ve mastered the platform and know everyone. It’s quite funny, but also a bit frustrating for those who have been around for a while and know the ropes. Do you often find yourself in situations like this? It’s definitely a unique challenge! 😊. I hope I’m not a part of it haha

• Like 2

Most of these types of sellers think that they will immediately advance to TRS and earn a lot of money.
With their skills and achievements, invented or otherwise, they try to lure buyers. Most buyers are not stupid and see very quickly what is wrong with the seller's profile. At the slightest doubt, they move on to the next seller because there is more than enough choice on the Fiverr platform.

People like me make it very clear to these types of sellers on the forum when something is wrong. If the OP cannot accept this then so be it.

My large number of followers on the forum proves that I am doing well. The memes that offend the OP make more clear than a written text. Texts (especially long texts) are not read by most new sellers. They do not understand it. Yet they are almost all fluent in English (how come?).

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

@ingarep_visual Something is wrong here ......

Ooooops ..... am I offending the OP again?

image.png.94136b257669b935675feb9331d34c72.png

Lying 01.png

haha, yep this is an account that i haven't fixed for a long time. and right now i will focus on fixing my profile and gigs, so thanks for the review. i even forgot to include that language haha

If you have any suggestions and feedback, I am very open to receiving them 

Edited by ingarep_visual
  • Like 2