Fiverr will not accept my tags.

snowdog63

Question

Hi all. First post.

This seems to be the most tortuous & insanely complex web site I've ever had to navigate.

I gave up trying to sign up on my phone as it simply would not accept the user name that the system itself suggested!!

I think I'm now creating a "gig" although, to be fair, I have about 10 tabs open with different sets of instructions to achieve god knows what, so I'm honestly not sure what's going on.

I'm at the bottom of the page with the heading "step one - overview". (It's taken me all day to get this far & there are 6 steps!!)

It's asking for a maximum of five tags. I've entered five.

Retouching Digital Illustration Image Creation

I hit "Save & Continue" & the page refreshes with "Tag list must contain at least 1 tag" directly beneath the five tags I've entered.

What the actual..???

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong here?

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 17.53.23.png

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

Thank you. It would be super helpful if it actually mentioned that.

Okay, section 2. Create packages.

I cannot create packages. Every job would be bespoke, but even though I have disabled the "create packages" button, it's still populating the page with little red info badges.

So is that it? I can't create a gig?

In fact, why the heck is there even a "create packages" button if I can't switch it off????????

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 18.07.18.png

Edited by snowdog63
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, snowdog63 said:

If you enable packages, it allows you to put in 3 packages. I think if you disable them it's as though you only have 1 package (it might show differently depending on the subcategory). So you still need to enter the info there, it just won't ask you for 3 sets of them.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, snowdog63 said:

Thank you. It would be super helpful if it actually mentioned that.

Okay, section 2. Create packages.

I cannot create packages. Every job would be bespoke, but even though I have disabled the "create packages" button, it's still populating the page with little red info badges.

In fact, why the heck is there even a "create packages" button if I can't switch it off????????

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 18.07.18.png

Because you're selling something. 

You need at least one package if you want to set a gig up.

Think about Fiverr a bit more like say, amazon - if you take a look around you'll see that most sellers have actual concrete listings.  It's not like sites where we reach out to buyers- they buy our products through our gigs.

Try setting something that's a good baseline up (though the site might not really be the right fit for you if this feels off to de!) Custom offers still exist (so we can still customise a lot of the jobs we do) but people can (and often do) order through our gigs. 

• Like 4

I'm a freelance retoucher. There's no such thing as a "package" so yeah, maybe not the right fit.

I'm not really "selling" as such. I mean, I think of selling my services or skills as quite distinct from being a "seller" of quantifiable thing like an item so to create a "package" just for the sake of doing so is some new kind of nonsense. 🤣

Maybe I'll have to apply some creative thinking to it to get around the system.

Even so, what's the point of distinct off switch that doesn't switch anything off? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, snowdog63 said:

I'm a freelance retoucher. There's no such thing as a "package" so yeah, maybe not the right fit.

I'm not really "selling" as such. I mean, I think of selling my services or skills as quite distinct from being a "seller" of quantifiable thing like an item so to create a "package" just for the sake of doing so is some new kind of nonsense. 🤣

Maybe I'll have to apply some creative thinking to it to get around the system.

Even so, what's the point of distinct off switch that doesn't switch anything off? 

I can see how that's a bit odd - but it's basically switching off having 3 package options instead of 1. So there is an option to say (in my case, sell 500 words, 25000 words or 50000 words (but I set the packages.)

For things that are hard to count it can definitely be tricky. I wouldn't call myself a 'seller's either - I'm a game designer / writer - but obviously what I do can be quantified a lot easier than some things. 

Maybe you can have a look around on the site to see if what you do even has a category of its own? And see how other people make their gigs if it does exists?

• Like 3