A lot of scammers message

dhanais

Question

Hello, I am new to Fiverr , I just opened my account 2 days ago and created my gigs and my profile, I have not finished yet but I am working on it. I have been wondering why so many people contact me on Fiverr to ask for my email or to tell me to contact them outside Fiverr. I have told all of them I am not interested and did not click any link. I mean what does this mean.What can I do for this ?

• Like 6

14 answers to this question

15 hours ago, dhanais said:

Hello, I am new to Fiverr , I just opened my account 2 days ago and created my gigs and my profile, I have not finished yet but I am working on it. I have been wondering why so many people contact me on Fiverr to ask for my email or to tell me to contact them outside Fiverr. I have told all of them I am not interested and did not click any link. I mean what does this mean.What can I do for this ?

Hi, yes you can simply report and block them! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dhanais said:

how to report and block because I do not have any option to do that 

Near every message you will see 3 dots when you have your cursor on that message. If you press the 3 Dots, you can mark as spam. Also, try to reply before reporting/marking as spam, just to avoid any penalty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dhanais said:

All the SMS I have received till date are like this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Near every message you will see 3 dots when you have your cursor on that message. If you press the 3 Dots, you can mark as spam. Also, try to reply before reporting/marking as spam, just to avoid any penalty.

I do not have that option how can i do that

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dhanais said:

To block a user on Fiverr, you will need to use the Fiverr mobile app. Once you have logged into the app, you can navigate to the conversation with the user and select the option to block them. This will prevent further messages from that user.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dhanais said:

I already explained and everyone has the option to do that.

10 hours ago, sandy7452 said:

To block a user on Fiverr, you will need to use the Fiverr mobile app. Once you have logged into the app, you can navigate to the conversation with the user and select the option to block them. This will prevent further messages from that user.

You don't. You can report or mark as spam from your Desktop as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I already explained and everyone has the option to do that.

You don't. You can report or mark as spam from your Desktop as well.

I do not have that option 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dhanais said:

I do not have that option 

If you put your mouse over the message you want to report it shows 3 dots on the top right of it. Click the 3 dots for the options to report it/mark it as spam.

It would be easier for sellers if that option was made clearer though, and didn't disappear when the mouse wasn't over the message.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you I got it 

8 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If you put your mouse over the message you want to report it shows 3 dots on the top right of it. Click the 3 dots for the options to report it/mark it as spam.

It would be easier for sellers if that option was made clearer though, and didn't disappear when the mouse wasn't over the message.

• Like 2