False Positive Warning

ilvion19

Question

Hi everyone,

I need advice on a recent issue with my Fiverr account. I received two warnings regarding orders (FO3C8920C841 and FO1C87A80C43) placed by my brother-in-law, using my laptop for his companies. I didn’t know this was against Fiverr’s policies.

The first warning came a month ago, after both orders were completed. Despite my efforts to improve my profile without new orders, I received a second warning a month later for the same issue, resulting in my account being disabled.

Has anyone experienced this or have advice on how to approach Fiverr support to review the second warning?

Thanks in advance!

Best, Ilvion R

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ilvion19 said:

Get first warning for purchasing my own gigs and after one month with no orders get the second one and the fiverr customer service keeps sending chat gpt answers. 

Fiverr's warning doesn't say that you purchased your own gigs. They say "purchasing or selling with the intent to falsely increase the ratings and/or levels.". Though if you did purchase your own gig that would be a reason for it.

It could also be a false flag since the algorithm doesn't seem totally accurate and other people (including top/good sellers I think) have mentioned getting incorrectly flagged after doing nothing wrong. Some people might have got flagged because their buyers put too similar review text after buying (which would be false reason, and nothing to do with the seller, and the seller shouldn't get blamed for something nothing to do with them).

Did you make any purchases at all on Fiverr in the last couple of months?

Their checker shouldn't have (if done correctly) re-flagged things that were already flagged previously as nothing new would have happened to give another warning. Maybe a buyer gave a review after the previous warning was given (which looked to similar to a previous review).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

My brother in law has 2 business one in swiss and one in sweeden. He came to my country and did not have laptop with his own and used mine. I had many opportunites to not include fiverr but I choose to do. He made 2 orders and also I had done the work before he ordered so I delivered faster. I completed 2 orders within 2 days and after both orders were completed they gave me first warning for these. After that one month passed and this month I have done to many updates in my Fiverr account to make it better and nothing wrong, I did not have any orders this period. After one month yesterday they gave me second warning because of the second order I mean the first warning one month before was for one of these orders and the other was yesterday after one month because of the other order. I mean why they waited 1 month to give me this warning. I had no knowledge that it was not allowed in Fiverr policies and these orders were completed. They did not gave me a warning after the first order and gave me seond one after the second order , I mean that would be okay because I did not take any consideration of the warning and I did the same mistake twice but they gave me these warnings after 1 day both orders were completed and the second after one month. It is not fair .

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

Hi too

You don't have to post the same question 4-5 times here on the Forum. One thread/topic is enough for that. 

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You should contact Fiverr Support regarding account-related issues. Avoid creating multiple tickets on the same issue. Use the very first ticket for this purpose.

Good Luck.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

58 minutes ago, ilvion19 said:

So what to tell them how to fix it

You could explain that it was your brother in law who made the orders using your laptop. Though Fiverr might think having your brother in law order (even if it wasn't using your laptop) would be biased and might be to help increase ratings/level. I assume he didn't have his own Windows or Chrome account on your laptop. Maybe it would have been better for you if he did, then Fiverr would know it was a different user - by the cookies being unique (even though using the same IP address). They don't mention rules against having a family member order though in the TOS as far as I know (but do have rules against 2 sellers using the same ip address/device using the same categories I think).

You could also explain to them about the 2 warnings - ie. that you had no orders in the time since the first one and had no knowledge that there was any problem with what was being done (ie. your brother in law ordering from your laptop - if that's not allowed).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

I contaced one of the FIverr staff here and they said they can not do anything about this situation. I asked them if they can give me some instruction , I mean who is the person that I should contact to help me and they do not responde eventhough the message is read. I keep contacting Fiverr Support and they keep marking my tickets as solved , they do not have any interest reading my details and I am hopeless. Is there anything else I can do ? I see there are a lot of sellers that are facing this problem and somehow they managed to remove warning. Is there anyone who can help me, give me some isntructions . Thank you 

• Like 3

Hi again Ilvion,

Thanks for explaining the situation further. The account would need to remain restricted and under review in this case since this purchasing pattern does directly violate our guidelines regarding abusing our product tools to boost your account’s reviews and ratings. 

I realize that you weren't aware of these policies, but please know that our guidelines are outlined in our Terms of Service and Community Standards, and that that operating on the platform assumes familiarity with these guidelines.

I understand this might not be the best news, but on a positive note, during the next 60 days, you will still be able to communicate with your existing buyers via the active order page and access any available or pending clearance funds for withdrawal.

Please be aware that after the 60-day period, your account will be permanently suspended.

Should you need anything else, please let us know.

Their reply

• Like 1

Hi Nash,

Thank you for your response. All these years I have done everything to not go against the guidelines. This huge misunderstanding happened with 0 bad intention on my part, which is why I also accepted the first warning. I learnt how these things worked and I moved on, to then being completely blindsided with a second warning. Why did I get the 2nd warning since I did nothing else after the first one? This is what I do not get and want some clarification. Because from what I understood the warning included both orders, and if this second warning is about the second order why was it presented to me nearly a month after?

My reply

• Like 1

Hi again,

Sonya here this time. I appreciate your reply.

I see you received one warning for order FO1C87A80C43 and a second warning for FO3C8920C841.

From what I can see the account is now under review. You will be notified once our relevant team reaches a decision, which can take up to 60 days so please stay patient.

I hope this was helpful. Feel free to get back to me if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Their reply

• Like 1

I did not even get an answer of why I got second warning after one month, why they did not give both warning  in the same date because both orders were completed , they just let me one month to lose my time in this shit platform and after one month they told me second warning , to mention that after first warning I did not even have an order. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ilvion19 said:

I realize that you weren't aware of these policies, but please know that our guidelines are outlined in our Terms of Service and Community Standards, and that that operating on the platform assumes familiarity with these guidelines.

Though they don't specifically say you can't allow your brother in law to order or other family members to order.

In the community standards link: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

It says:

Do not...Purchase or sell a service with the sole intent to falsely increase ratings and/or levels

If that wasn't the intent of the family member you could say that to CS maybe (if those were genuine orders. If he really wanted to order your service and not just to leave good reviews/ratings). Though having family members order would likely increase chance of bias in the reviews.

I don't think they actually say in the TOS/community standards page that you're not allowed to let another user use your device (even though sellers shouldn't do that as it would probably get the account flagged/warned) but I might be mistaken.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Fiverr didn't mention anywhere on their platform that they're liable to issue the warning/s within a specified period of time. Maybe, their automated system flagged the second order late and marked it for a manual review and you got the second warning after a month. From what I have learned from posts, it's almost impossible to get your account back. So the earlier you move on, the better. 

Ignorance is not an excuse for an activity that's not allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, tauseefabbaskhn said:

Sorry to hear that. Fiverr didn't mention anywhere on their platform that they're liable to issue the warning/s within a specified period of time. Maybe, their automated system flagged the second order late and marked it for a manual review and you got the second warning after a month. From what I have learned from posts, it's almost impossible to get your account back. So the earlier you move on, the better. 

Ignorance is not an excuse for an activity that's not allowed. 

Thanks for your insight. It's always amusing when new sellers try to school others without fully understanding the platform. 😊 I've been around long enough to know that policies can fluctuate and aren't always crystal clear. But don’t worry, while you're busy speculating, I'll be making strides towards resolving my issue and getting back in the game. Ignorance might not be an excuse, but confidence and resilience are key to success. Best of luck with your selling journey! 🚀

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though they don't specifically say you can't allow your brother in law to order or other family members to order.

In the community standards link: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

It says:

If that wasn't the intent of the family member you could say that to CS maybe (if those were genuine orders. If he really wanted to order your service and not just to leave good reviews/ratings). Though having family members order would likely increase chance of bias in the reviews.

I don't think they actually say in the TOS/community standards page that you're not allowed to let another user use your device (even though sellers shouldn't do that as it would probably get the account flagged/warned) but I might be mistaken.

I contacted them again with this reply 

Hi Nash,

After thoroughly reviewing the Terms of Service and carefully going through my order details, I found no violations that justify these warnings. In Fiverr's policies, there is no mention that family members cannot order my gigs, nor is there a rule against others using my laptop to place orders.

I understand that it might appear as though my brother-in-law intended to boost my reviews, but this is not the case. His order was genuine, and his review was based on the quality of work and communication I provided. I sent vector files as a bonus, and he was genuinely satisfied with the logo results. With the quality of work I delivered for this order, I am confident that any buyer would have provided the same positive review.

Given that these reviews are legitimate, I believe the warnings are unwarranted and unfairly impact my account and my work on the platform. I kindly request that the first warning be removed and a detailed review be conducted in line with Fiverr's Terms of Service and the quality of work I provided.

I have reached out to Fiverr Customer Support several times without receiving a response. Hence, I am kindly requesting your assistance in reviewing my account and providing clarification on this matter. I am eager to resolve this promptly and ensure I am operating in compliance with Fiverr's guidelines.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

• Like 1
  • Up 1