What is the "business expert" tag and what are the requisites for getting it?

dponzio

Question

14 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, dponzio said:

Does this mean that no one has ever seen this so far? It must be new then? Please see below

image.png.e3f3fb82d51c8b65b6f11498c0167504.png

That's just the one-liner we can add as our bio on our profiles. I also noticed that your profile doesn't have one. 

You can add it by navigating to your profile through the control panel on the top right corner. There is a text field below your username.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

That's just the one-liner we can add as our bio on our profiles. I also noticed that your profile doesn't have one. 

You can add it by navigating to your profile through the control panel on the top right corner. There is a text field below your username.

Thank you very much! Well noted!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, dponzio said:

@priyank_mod I have found the text field, however, when I click on "what's your story in one line" , there is a pop up with the preview of my credit card. Is this charged then?? image.png.6ba208c26af4b7ebbcf4bd54816a0be7.png

Not at all. Its free like all the features on our profiles. 

Unless, they want EU sellers to verify their profiles and pay the verification fee before making any edits going forward. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 2

59 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Not at all. Its free like all the features on our profiles. 

Unless, they want EU sellers to verify their profiles and pay the verification fee before making any edits going forward. 

It must be a recent development as I fine-tuned my profile not long ago and it was free. Anyway I tried a few times and gave up. I would see as more appropriate a pop-up with the description and amount of the expense,  before showing the credit card details with the authorisation request.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

43 minutes ago, dponzio said:

I would see as more appropriate a pop-up with the description and amount of the expense,  before showing the credit card details with the authorisation request.

You could suggest it to CS in the helpdesk that they make it do that. You could check with them what it's doing now (eg. is it charging a fee and if so what and why). It does seem bad if it's asking for card details without that info.

It's probably not written in a help page about that either so sellers won't know if it's legit.

eg. it doesn't mention credit card/authorisation on this page about editing it:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/20202758506769-Using-your-Fiverr-seller-profile

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, uk1000 said:

You could suggest it to CS in the helpdesk that they make it do that. You could check with them what it's doing now (eg. is it charging a fee and if so what and why). It does seem bad if it's asking for card details without that info.

It's probably not written in a help page about that either so sellers won't know if it's legit.

eg. it doesn't mention credit card/authorisation on this page about editing it:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/20202758506769-Using-your-Fiverr-seller-profile

Thank you! I will consider whether it is worthwhile to spend time to initiate such conversation with CS. 

• Like 4