Client stop replying while offer is active

ainoam

Question

Hi,

I’m reaching out about an issue with a client who hired me to create content and set up a new social media profile. Early on, we identified a problem with the email linked to the account. I brought this to the client’s attention over a month ago, and they assured me they would fix it and asked me to proceed with creating all the content, which took me around 6 hours.

Now that I’ve completed the content, the client has been avoiding my requests for the email address needed to finalize the project. They keep requesting revisions but refuse to respond to messages about the email or finishing the work. It seems like they are intentionally delaying the project to avoid payment.

I’ve tried reaching out multiple times with no response, and it feels like the client is stalling to avoid fulfilling their end of the agreement. Currently at 18 days late because of this. Could you please advise on how to handle this situation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ainoam said:

It seems like they are intentionally delaying the project to avoid payment.

as far as I am aware - they have already done the payment, as they have accepted the order req.
There can be a lot of reasons why they might be delaying the order completion process, as you are submitting the delivery & they are requesting revisions everytime.

Might be wise to leave a update regarding this situation on fiverr support - https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/issue-with-an-order

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, akib0079 said:

as far as I am aware - they have already done the payment, as they have accepted the order req.

OP has not mentioned anywhere that buyer placed the order, for real. 

It seems like buyer got most of the work done in the inbox and now she/she is not sharing the email id to create/complete the profile. Most likely buyer will get away with free content. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

OP has not mentioned anywhere that buyer placed the order, for real. 

It seems like buyer got most of the work done in the inbox and now she/she is not sharing the email id to create/complete the profile. Most likely buyer will get away with free content. 

Buyer placed an order a month ago and asked me to finish the content while they fix the issue with the email. I haven't shared anything in the inbox, my job was to post on TikTok. Since then they have just started ignoring me while the offer is still running active ..... they keep on asking for revision but dont reply to me?

• Like 1

Just now, ainoam said:

Buyer placed an order a month ago and asked me to finish the content while they fix the issue with the email. I haven't shared anything in the inbox, my job was to post on TikTok. Since then they have just started ignoring me while the offer is still running active ..... ( I havent posted anything on Tiktok as they went silence but i did use 6 hour to create the content... ) they keep on asking for revision but dont reply to me? 

• Like 2

At this point, I'd contact Customer Service. However, they may suggest you cancel the order since the buyer won't work with your to find a solution. Perhaps it's possible to deliver the content without posting it? That may constitute an incomplete delivery, which isn't allowed.

Ugh! Buyers that toy with your business stink. Good luck!

• Like 2