What are some things worth the splurge?

Kesha

I recently read a BuzzFeed article about what frugal folks say is totally worth splurging on. Some said they don't mind splurging on good quality perfume others mentioned things like paper towels, hotels, laundry detergent, etc. For me, I could definitely resonate with the pasture-raised eggs. Gotta have that premium omelet, of course! 

What about you? What’s your go-to splurge that’s worth every penny? 

• Like 11

I’m all about splurging on quality shoes—they make a huge difference in comfort and health, especially when you're on your feet a lot. Also, from my wife’s side, quality skincare products are totally worth the investment for that lasting glow and long-term benefits 😜

• Like 11

My husband and I have NO DEBT, one car and quit our corporate jobs to travel. BUT…I do miss some creature comforts like getting my hair done professionally and a pedicure! Those things are simply out of our focus so I go to Super Cuts and spend $35 to get my hair cut and they do an amazing job every time. 

@nionkhan2020 I totally agree about the shoes!!! What a waste of money to buy cheap shoes. I would rather do without something else than have cheap shoes. They feel better on your feet and good shoes always help me feel more confident. Plus, I always make sure the fit is just right because I am paying more so I don’t waste my money on shoes that slip off the back or squeeze my feet! 

What a fun topic @Kesha

• Like 8

On 8/13/2024 at 3:01 PM, bertosir said:

Travel!

Absolutely! Do you splurge on all parts of travel like flights, hotels, excursions, and food? Or, is there a specific area where you focus your spending?

• Like 6

22 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

My husband and I have NO DEBT, one car and quit our corporate jobs to travel. BUT…I do miss some creature comforts like getting my hair done professionally and a pedicure! Those things are simply out of our focus so I go to Super Cuts and spend $35 to get my hair cut and they do an amazing job every time. 

@nionkhan2020 I totally agree about the shoes!!! What a waste of money to buy cheap shoes. I would rather do without something else than have cheap shoes. They feel better on your feet and good shoes always help me feel more confident. Plus, I always make sure the fit is just right because I am paying more so I don’t waste my money on shoes that slip off the back or squeeze my feet! 

What a fun topic @Kesha

@melissaharlowvo That is incredible and very inspiring. I bet you are rich in memories and cool stories to share from all of your travels! That alone is priceless and worth the splurge, I would say. 🤗

• Like 6

On 8/16/2024 at 8:19 AM, Kesha said:

Absolutely! Do you splurge on all parts of travel like flights, hotels, excursions, and food? Or, is there a specific area where you focus your spending?

Well, my husband will get things sponsored for us when we travel. In turn, we will create a travel video or he will write an article. He is very good at getting sponsorships lol. He is now going to do 57 adventures in 57 hours for his 57th birthday. Almost all the adventures are sponsored…even his camera equipment! I am going to create a documentary about it and submit it to the International Mobile phone Film Festival. 

We went backpacking last year for 24 straight days on the John Muir Trail. We never went backpacking!  Let’s say we aren’t spring chickens lol! But we are ok with stepping out of our comfort zones and making mistakes. 

We also bought a sailboat and sailed across the Pacific Ocean and it took about 24 days. We sold the boat and bought an RV and traveled around the US and Canada. Part of our income now is renting the RV out but we used the same pot of money so we have never been in debt for all those travels. 
our little Prius, we call him Pepe, is a 2012 so no car payment either. 

@Kesha Thank you for asking. The most important role right now is living 5 minutes from my parents so we can help at a moments notice. Family is the most important thing to me. 

• Like 6

On 8/17/2024 at 12:11 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

Well, my husband will get things sponsored for us when we travel. In turn, we will create a travel video or he will write an article. He is very good at getting sponsorships lol. He is now going to do 57 adventures in 57 hours for his 57th birthday. Almost all the adventures are sponsored…even his camera equipment! I am going to create a documentary about it and submit it to the International Mobile phone Film Festival. 

We went backpacking last year for 24 straight days on the John Muir Trail. We never went backpacking!  Let’s say we aren’t spring chickens lol! But we are ok with stepping out of our comfort zones and making mistakes. 

We also bought a sailboat and sailed across the Pacific Ocean and it took about 24 days. We sold the boat and bought an RV and traveled around the US and Canada. Part of our income now is renting the RV out but we used the same pot of money so we have never been in debt for all those travels. 
our little Prius, we call him Pepe, is a 2012 so no car payment either. 

@Kesha Thank you for asking. The most important role right now is living 5 minutes from my parents so we can help at a moments notice. Family is the most important thing to me. 

You two are living the life. 😍 All of that sounds so fun and good luck on your film submission. 💚

• Like 5

Good food in general. I'm a huge foodie and love planning nice meals. 

And..

As I've learned the day before moving, insuring your 4 year old laptop is ALSO well worth it. 

(Funnily enough it did not break during moving, it gave up 12 hours before we got the keys. And no, I did not have the insurance 😢.)

• Like 2
  • Up 1