Does An Old Fiverr account effect gig performance?

17 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

If you have just started - how do you even know what "gig performance" means?? 

I have done some research before starting out on this platform so i know these terms. But i couldn't find if there is any relation between account's age and gig performance. If you have any idea, do let me know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, samiabbasi502 said:

My created my Fiverr account in 2020, and just now I have posted my first gig. I wanted to ask if it will have any effect on my gig performance?

If you think it might help you could put something in the profile description about it eg. saying when you joined and that you only recently became a seller.

An option if you don't start getting orders after a certain amount of time would be to close the account and then create a new one (following the rules in the Fiverr help - but that will need different email/payment method I think).

You could also try creating an additional gig or change something in the current one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, samiabbasi502 said:

I have done some research before starting out on this platform so i know these terms.

Most people arrive on the platform after doing the research and learning 'tips and tricks' from unreliable external sources. 

But only way to learn and adapt is by actually delivering orders on platform and by being here for a reasonably long time. (1 year or more at least). The 'acquired expertise' without doing the business here is pointless! 

And to answer your question - No, account's age does not affect the gigs. System treats all new gigs the same way. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

No, account's age does not affect the gigs. System treats all new gigs the same way. 

Though if the buyer sees that the user joined 10 years ago (example - the OP only joined 4 years ago approx) and has no reviews they they might wonder why and wonder if they're still available. And Fiverr doesn't show the gig creation/publication dates so it might not be obvious to the buyer that it's a new gig.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, not at all. I have opened up this profile 2022 and started working from December 2023, and at far this is way more enough to have. It's all about the strategies you make to make clients and researching competitors 

• Like 2