Understanding Location Inconsistencies

Kesha

Thank you Kesha,

Now that most of us know and understand the harm if inconsistent location could cause us as a seller. So, let's say as a seller now your account is flagged due to location inconsistent what are we to do? Or how long are we to wait before our account can be reviewed and when will support reply us. Because I find it so frustrating waking up to flagged account and you are telling me it was due to location inconsistent here is me that never leave my country or city because am a student in school and I write an appeal and I can't receive any reply if just 'Ok we will look into it give us time'. To be sincere I expect Fiverr support to do better the way account is been flagged without no specific reason is unfair. Now, you said using VPN, connecting to a WiFi or even travelling cannot cause account been flagged then I am wondering what else tigger my account been flagged. My mobile app said my account is fine and no violation login on my laptop dashboard it's showing flagged account 🤦🏽‍♂️ please I need explanation. 

Thank you. @Kesha

Dapson005

• Like 11
  • Up 1

On 8/5/2024 at 8:36 AM, dapson005 said:

Thank you Kesha,

Now that most of us know and understand the harm if inconsistent location could cause us as a seller. So, let's say as a seller now your account is flagged due to location inconsistent what are we to do? Or how long are we to wait before our account can be reviewed and when will support reply us. Because I find it so frustrating waking up to flagged account and you are telling me it was due to location inconsistent here is me that never leave my country or city because am a student in school and I write an appeal and I can't receive any reply if just 'Ok we will look into it give us time'. To be sincere I expect Fiverr support to do better the way account is been flagged without no specific reason is unfair. Now, you said using VPN, connecting to a WiFi or even travelling cannot cause account been flagged then I am wondering what else tigger my account been flagged. My mobile app said my account is fine and no violation login on my laptop dashboard it's showing flagged account 🤦🏽‍♂️ please I need explanation. 

Thank you. @Kesha

Dapson005

Hi there! 

I see that the Customer Support team has already reviewed your case multiple times and unfortunately, the decision is final. For more information on our policies and guidance on adherence, please refer to our Community Standards.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Hi 

Thank you for your response. 

According to what you said that my case has been review multiple times and the decision is final. 

According to the terms of services it stated that when account is flagged you can write an appeal to the customer support to review the decision. 

I understand the decision is final but I can't just be quiet for what I know that the issue is not from my side. If my location is inconsistent then what location is my account displaying that makes you guys concluded that my location is inconsistent. 

I write an appeal as it was stated below is the reply. Now I see that support are using default response to my appeal that I write. 

I believe you guys should do better next time. 

Thank you,

Dapson. 

Screenshot_20240806-181224.jpg

Screenshot_20240806-181209.jpg

• Like 9
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Kesha

when i moved out of country 2 years ago i clearly stated and asked CS if this makes any issue or violates any TOS , 
They told me no it does not 

now after 2 years i got my level 2 account flagged without any warning and nothing , this is so frustrating ,  

please read attached , 

fiverr is my only source of livelihood , freelancers are travelling abroad sometimes , how can they ban sometime when its there systems bug which does not detect location automatically and changes it automatically ??

guy email.png

moving abroad thread.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

On 7/22/2024 at 11:05 PM, Kesha said:

At Fiverr, we pride ourselves in championing the new era of working from anywhere, anytime. Recently, we’ve heard that there’s been some confusion about what triggers a flag for location inconsistencies, so here’s what you should know:

All users are required to have their accurate country displayed on their profile. This helps buyers make informed decisions and avoids complications such as language barriers and time zone differences. Misrepresenting your location for any reason is against our Terms of Service and any suspicious location patterns will be flagged. 

The following actions are not against our policies and will not trigger a location flag:

• Switching your working devices
  • Using a wifi source different than your usual one
  • Traveling and working from another city or country

To avoid a location flag, we advise informing Customer Success if and when you move to a different country. Keep in mind, they may ask for documentation and will update your profile accordingly. 

Keeping your location accurate is crucial, and failure to do so can result in a location flag. If you have any account-specific questions about location inconsistencies, please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance. 

Hi
Im going to move to another country in Feb and live there, so could you advise when I should inform this for Customer Support? before moving or after settle down all thing on new country? and which document they request for this new change?
Thank you

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 8/24/2024 at 3:14 PM, phanduy said:

Hi
Im going to move to another country in Feb and live there, so could you advise when I should inform this for Customer Support? before moving or after settle down all thing on new country? and which document they request for this new change?
Thank you

Hi there! 

Good luck on your move. I would suggest you reach out to customer support once you have moved. We might need additional information but that will be dependent on where exactly you are moving to. CS can guide you through everything once you are in your new location.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

@Kesha Recently Fiverr flagged my account due to location inconsistency. But i did not change my location to other country. I want to recover my account. I contacted with Fiverr team. Everytime I recevied response from Fiverr,  "Your account has been reviews multiple times, the decision is final and can not be changed. So what should I do to recover my account. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 10:05 PM, Kesha said:

At Fiverr, we pride ourselves in championing the new era of working from anywhere, anytime. Recently, we’ve heard that there’s been some confusion about what triggers a flag for location inconsistencies, so here’s what you should know:

All users are required to have their accurate country displayed on their profile. This helps buyers make informed decisions and avoids complications such as language barriers and time zone differences. Misrepresenting your location for any reason is against our Terms of Service and any suspicious location patterns will be flagged. 

The following actions are not against our policies and will not trigger a location flag:

• Switching your working devices
  • Using a wifi source different than your usual one
  • Traveling and working from another city or country

To avoid a location flag, we advise informing Customer Success if and when you move to a different country. Keep in mind, they may ask for documentation and will update your profile accordingly. 

Keeping your location accurate is crucial, and failure to do so can result in a location flag. If you have any account-specific questions about location inconsistencies, please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance. 

Thank you for the details about the location.