How did you get here?

Kesha

Some of us knew exactly what we wanted to do for a living since we were children. Others? Well, we’re pleasantly shocked to look up and realize we’re doing something that was never really on the radar. 

Where do you fall? Did you always know your calling or was it through a series of fortunate events that led to your current industry? Tell us about your journey to your current career below. 

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Where do you fall? Did you always know your calling or was it through a series of fortunate events that led to your current industry? Tell us about your journey to your current career below. 

Into the 3D field:

It was totally unplanned for me. I was in 10th standard when I first downloaded the software (Autodesk Maya, which is used to create 3D models). Creating 3D models was a huge passion -- but just for fun without any serious thought of making it a career. Just like people enjoy playing cricket without intending to make it a career, I enjoyed creating 3D models without seriously considering it as a career.

After 12th and schooling, I joined university to pursue Electrical Engineering. During my university days, I had a lot of free time and didn't even realize when creating 3D models for fun became a great passion for me. I started working for clients and creating mods for GTA 5 in my free time, and then dropped out of university after the 2nd year with a clear mind that I didn't want to be an electrical engineer anymore. It was a big shift for me -- without any backup plans and just a hope in my eyes that I could achieve something in the 3D field. During COVID, I got an internship and then a full-time job at the same company.

Into freelancing:

It was even more unexpected and unplanned. I took a week off from my job and planned to visit my hometown (which was ~2000 km away). I have a huge passion for sports and superbikes as well, and I decided to make the journey on my sports bike (instead of taking a flight). Unfortunately, midway, I had a very serious accident on my sports bike and was bedridden for around 10 months. During this time, while I was in my hometown and not actively working at the company, it was the best opportunity for me to try freelancing, as I was almost in debt with medical bills and hospital expenses. Since I wasn’t actively working, I wasn’t receiving any salary either. So, I tried freelancing, quit my job, and from that day, I have been part of this awesome platform (hehe, yes, there are some negative aspects here but overall this platform has really helped me in my worst times and I am very thankful for that).

A picture of me with a broken leg and multiple fractures, hustling with my laptop, haha:

image.png.ef3008a766921cae2f9b0da61a03f991.png

So, both getting into the 3D field and freelancing were totally unplanned but things are turning out really great! 😊

Edited by rawque_gulia
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Support 2

Thanks for sharing your story! 💚

It's truly a tale of how unexpected circumstances can lead us to exactly where we need to be. We're happy you're here!

• Like 4
  • Support 1

9 hours ago, Kesha said:

Some of us knew exactly what we wanted to do for a living since we were children. Others? Well, we’re pleasantly shocked to look up and realize we’re doing something that was never really on the radar. 

From childhood I was passionate with computer, as a kid I started playing games a lot back in time. After that I saw there is an opportunity to earn using of computer. So I learned everything and thats how everything has been started. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, Kesha said:

My current career is to be a successful freelancer and i am trying my best for that.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2024 at 6:14 PM, jabirahamed20 said:

From childhood I was passionate with computer, as a kid I started playing games a lot back in time. After that I saw there is an opportunity to earn using of computer. So I learned everything and thats how everything has been started. 

It's a beautiful thing when you can make a living out of something you are truly passionate about! 

• Like 3
  • Support 1

On 7/26/2024 at 7:53 PM, arafatcoco said:

My current career is to be a successful freelancer and i am trying my best for that.

Wishing you the best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have spent my career in various aspects of IT consulting, mostly around governance, risk, compliance and security. 

I am entering a pre-retirement phase of my life now, and working to build up a consistent income though freelancing which would allow me to keep busy enjoying what I am doing, without having formal salaried job obligations from an employer. Maybe it will be just a "side" income, but hopefully it will amount to more. I also do affiliate marketing, for Fiverr and many other unrelated products and services.

• Like 4

I've always dreamed of being my own boss. The idea of working for myself, setting my own hours, and doing what I love is really exciting. I think Fiverr could be a great place to start. It's a platform where people can buy and sell services, so I'm hoping to find clients and build a successful freelance business.

• Like 4

I've been in the Thermal Engineering field for over 40 years. At times I worked for companies on long projects, but generally worked as a freelance Executive Consulting Engineer. This adventure took me through over 36 countries and traveled over 1 million miles by airplane. 

In my early 40's I decided to change direction and operated as a part-time consulting engineer and PhD student in Thailand. Loved it.

Life eventually found me migrating to Vientiane, Laos. Covid19 struck and I ended up with severe long-covid and Guillane-Barre syndrome - with severe leg and arm paralysis. Nearly died 3 times. What a life-changing event that put paid to my international travels. The paralysis receded gradually over a period of 12-15 months. I had to teach myself to walk again

So, I decided to convert to online Freelance work. I selected Fiverr due to its ability to pay to Payoneer, since Paypal does not work here. Eventually, Fiverr's platform efficiency and payment integrity allowed me to settle here.

I have tried a few other platforms, in parallel, but, frankly, found them extremely manipulative, and inappropriate for my operation and skill-set.

Fiverr has its challenges, to be sure - it needs to be more aggressive in marketing our skills - rather than waiting for clients to wander in the Fiverr front door. But, on the whole, I like it here. 🙏☺️

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

16 hours ago, harunur__rashid said:

I've always dreamed of being my own boss. The idea of working for myself, setting my own hours, and doing what I love is really exciting. I think Fiverr could be a great place to start. It's a platform where people can buy and sell services, so I'm hoping to find clients and build a successful freelance business.

Welcome to Fiverr! Best of luck on your journey. 

• Like 3
  • Support 1

15 hours ago, desmond_aubery said:

I've been in the Thermal Engineering field for over 40 years. At times I worked for companies on long projects, but generally worked as a freelance Executive Consulting Engineer. This adventure took me through over 36 countries and traveled over 1 million miles by airplane. 

In my early 40's I decided to change direction and operated as a part-time consulting engineer and PhD student in Thailand. Loved it.

Life eventually found me migrating to Vientiane, Laos. Covid19 struck and I ended up with severe long-covid and Guillane-Barre syndrome - with severe leg and arm paralysis. Nearly died 3 times. What a life-changing event that put paid to my international travels. The paralysis receded gradually over a period of 12-15 months. I had to teach myself to walk again

So, I decided to convert to online Freelance work. I selected Fiverr due to its ability to pay to Payoneer, since Paypal does not work here. Eventually, Fiverr's platform efficiency and payment integrity allowed me to settle here.

I have tried a few other platforms, in parallel, but, frankly, found them extremely manipulative, and inappropriate for my operation and skill-set.

Fiverr has its challenges, to be sure - it needs to be more aggressive in marketing our skills - rather than waiting for clients to wander in the Fiverr front door. But, on the whole, I like it here. 🙏☺️

Wow! What a story of triumph. You are such a survivor and I'm happy to hear that things reversed for you. We're happy you're here. 💚

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mark_sgp said:

I have spent my career in various aspects of IT consulting, mostly around governance, risk, compliance and security. 

I am entering a pre-retirement phase of my life now, and working to build up a consistent income though freelancing which would allow me to keep busy enjoying what I am doing, without having formal salaried job obligations from an employer. Maybe it will be just a "side" income, but hopefully it will amount to more. I also do affiliate marketing, for Fiverr and many other unrelated products and services.

Happy we could be part of this season of transition for you! May your experience on the platform be pleasant and rewarding. 💚 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Support 1

I've been worked for the EMEA region in the DELL team under WPP at GraphicPeople Ltd. I was there for nine years. During my time there, I focused on EDM creation, localization, and banner design. I was promoted and joined the communication team, but since I enjoyed development and designing, I volunteered to continue with those tasks along with my communication responsibilities.

1399709_235760483250063_538439786_o-small.png.2788c99ba450f044446716062c6051a7.png

While at GraphicPeople, I was sent to BASIS for training, where I became certified in WordPress development and SEO.

Apart from this job, I used to build and sell websites on Flippa and travel a lot too in that time. Cycling and trekking were my favorite.23668855_867803263379112_7311676310705977262_o.png2.png.49032e40683d1e3279ad6bf2be0e608f.png

From there, I joined Expedia, where I worked for the North American market. I created a variety of landing pages, GIFs, rich media banners, marquee templates, native templates, and Google display ads, all of which were related to hotels and travel agencies.

After that, I got certified by participating in a 2D and 3D animation development project of the SEIP project organized by BASIS during my time at Service Engine.

Next, I joined a top organization in BPO industry, (SEBPO) Service Engine, in Bangladesh, where I created social media banners and e-commerce ads. After that, I transitioned to freelancing. Upwork was my first choice, but I didn't like its bidding system. On the other hand, I preferred Fiverr's gig system and heard many positive things about Fiverr from a friend. So, I finally joined Fiverr full-time.

And now the caterpillar is here 😊

• Like 4

On 8/2/2024 at 2:05 PM, nionkhan2020 said:

I've been worked for the EMEA region in the DELL team under WPP at GraphicPeople Ltd. I was there for nine years. During my time there, I focused on EDM creation, localization, and banner design. I was promoted and joined the communication team, but since I enjoyed development and designing, I volunteered to continue with those tasks along with my communication responsibilities.

1399709_235760483250063_538439786_o-small.png.2788c99ba450f044446716062c6051a7.png

While at GraphicPeople, I was sent to BASIS for training, where I became certified in WordPress development and SEO.

Apart from this job, I used to build and sell websites on Flippa and travel a lot too in that time. Cycling and trekking were my favorite.23668855_867803263379112_7311676310705977262_o.png2.png.49032e40683d1e3279ad6bf2be0e608f.png

From there, I joined Expedia, where I worked for the North American market. I created a variety of landing pages, GIFs, rich media banners, marquee templates, native templates, and Google display ads, all of which were related to hotels and travel agencies.

After that, I got certified by participating in a 2D and 3D animation development project of the SEIP project organized by BASIS during my time at Service Engine.

Next, I joined a top organization in BPO industry, (SEBPO) Service Engine, in Bangladesh, where I created social media banners and e-commerce ads. After that, I transitioned to freelancing. Upwork was my first choice, but I didn't like its bidding system. On the other hand, I preferred Fiverr's gig system and heard many positive things about Fiverr from a friend. So, I finally joined Fiverr full-time.

And now the caterpillar is here 😊

Wow! You have such an impressive professional background. We are honored that you chose to offer your skills with us. 💚

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Wow! You have such an impressive professional background. We are honored that you chose to offer your skills with us. 💚

Thank you so much! I’m excited to be part of the team and contribute to our shared success. 💚

• Like 4