FRAUD DONE BY A BUYER AND NO SUPPORT FROM FIVERR SERVICE CENTRE

nidashaikh9

Hi fellow freelancers, 

I was a full-time freelancer on fiverr and made good living out of it until it turned out to be a nightmare of a platform to deal with scam buyers. I was working for this one consistent buyer as she used to use different identity on the website to make ID but i got her real name from the project briefs. She was a constant buyer of big and small services and always left good reviews. Then suddenly her attitude towards working together changed and she started exploiting our built relationship. She used to raise orders with me receive the service but do not mark the order complete for a long time and kept asking for multiple revisions. Even after submitting multiple revisions for a long duration she was never satisfied and then she used to raise a dispute to cancel the order. By giving a rightful service and working more than what I was paid for, I was no way going to cancel the order from my end and let her get the best of both worlds. Then she found a loophole in the fiverr system. She started raising dispute with her credit card company by terming the transactions she did to pay me on fiverr as a fradulent transaction and without any notice from fiverr or anywhere the money that used to get collected in my fiverr account after doing orders started getting deducted. Even for the services I gave her before and she marked them as complete and rated me for the service. Fiver blindly cancelled those orders without enquiry and transferred the money back to her. This scam she ran for quite some time and I stopped taking work for a while and went on to get a full time job because there was no support from fiverr and she was not going to stop. See the attached images for the abusive language used by her and how it was allowed on the platform without any repercussions on the buyer. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hello @nidashaikh9 

You should never hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support for any help you may need. They will be more than happy to help you and clarify the issue. 

Please send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots and please explain everything in detail. 

Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I went through your situation many times before and although fiverr offers seller protection against any chargeback i had to pay for the fraud done by others from my earnings to settle balance.

For the past year or support is almost non existant to sellers or let me blunt and say sellers from a certain race or religion. I will wait to see the reply i get although am sure it wont differ much to the previous semi automated replies that have no consideration to whatever you wrote in your complaint.

I just had a chargeback for an order valued $1500 and after the email of assurance "not to worry we have your back and protect you from chargebacks" it followed with another email next day after review we decided you dont meet requirments for seller protection. 

This will put an end to my seller account I paid for previous chargebacks from my earnings but this is too much. My seller account is one that should be top rated with earnings over $43,000 in couple of years.

I'll feel obligated to post a thread with screenshots of the incidents and the replies cause it makes no sense to end a lifetime of achievement due to a seller protection that doesnt protect and support dept that never supports!

• Like 2

I recently went through a similar thing. Over the course of about a month, I was passed around person to person in support, who each did nothing but tell me to sort it out, and then closed the case as resolved each time. In the end, all I got to do was block the buyer, and nothing else would be done. Waste of time even having customer support for sellers, they do nothing for us apart from help buyers screw us. 

• Like 2