Jump to content

FRAUD DONE BY A BUYER AND NO SUPPORT FROM FIVERR SERVICE CENTRE


Recommended Posts

Hi fellow freelancers, 

I was a full-time freelancer on fiverr and made good living out of it until it turned out to be a nightmare of a platform to deal with scam buyers. I was working for this one consistent buyer as she used to use different identity on the website to make ID but i got her real name from the project briefs. She was a constant buyer of big and small services and always left good reviews. Then suddenly her attitude towards working together changed and she started exploiting our built relationship. She used to raise orders with me receive the service but do not mark the order complete for a long time and kept asking for multiple revisions. Even after submitting multiple revisions for a long duration she was never satisfied and then she used to raise a dispute to cancel the order. By giving a rightful service and working more than what I was paid for, I was no way going to cancel the order from my end and let her get the best of both worlds. Then she found a loophole in the fiverr system. She started raising dispute with her credit card company by terming the transactions she did to pay me on fiverr as a fradulent transaction and without any notice from fiverr or anywhere the money that used to get collected in my fiverr account after doing orders started getting deducted. Even for the services I gave her before and she marked them as complete and rated me for the service. Fiver blindly cancelled those orders without enquiry and transferred the money back to her. This scam she ran for quite some time and I stopped taking work for a while and went on to get a full time job because there was no support from fiverr and she was not going to stop. See the attached images for the abusive language used by her and how it was allowed on the platform without any repercussions on the buyer. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @nidashaikh9 

You should never hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support for any help you may need. They will be more than happy to help you and clarify the issue. 

Please send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots and please explain everything in detail. 

Thank you. 

  • Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went through your situation many times before and although fiverr offers seller protection against any chargeback i had to pay for the fraud done by others from my earnings to settle balance.

For the past year or support is almost non existant to sellers or let me blunt and say sellers from a certain race or religion. I will wait to see the reply i get although am sure it wont differ much to the previous semi automated replies that have no consideration to whatever you wrote in your complaint.

I just had a chargeback for an order valued $1500 and after the email of assurance "not to worry we have your back and protect you from chargebacks" it followed with another email next day after review we decided you dont meet requirments for seller protection. 

This will put an end to my seller account I paid for previous chargebacks from my earnings but this is too much. My seller account is one that should be top rated with earnings over $43,000 in couple of years.

I'll feel obligated to post a thread with screenshots of the incidents and the replies cause it makes no sense to end a lifetime of achievement due to a seller protection that doesnt protect and support dept that never supports!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently went through a similar thing. Over the course of about a month, I was passed around person to person in support, who each did nothing but tell me to sort it out, and then closed the case as resolved each time. In the end, all I got to do was block the buyer, and nothing else would be done. Waste of time even having customer support for sellers, they do nothing for us apart from help buyers screw us. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, wordpresssp said:

@nidashaikh9 I saw your similar post on November 2, 2022. Still, you have not been refunded what she took from you? 

No I did not. From that day onwards I decided I will spend my valued time on other platforms and took a job to pay the bills. I dont feel like working on fiverr anymore. I take less and selected orders now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2024 at 5:15 AM, doylerwmt said:

I recently went through a similar thing. Over the course of about a month, I was passed around person to person in support, who each did nothing but tell me to sort it out, and then closed the case as resolved each time. In the end, all I got to do was block the buyer, and nothing else would be done. Waste of time even having customer support for sellers, they do nothing for us apart from help buyers screw us. 

Happened with me multiple times where I reached out to the Service Centre but they don't help rather mark their complaint as agreed and the money gets transferred to the scam buyers and along with the work we do for them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 4:46 PM, ncrypto said:

I went through your situation many times before and although fiverr offers seller protection against any chargeback i had to pay for the fraud done by others from my earnings to settle balance.

For the past year or support is almost non existant to sellers or let me blunt and say sellers from a certain race or religion. I will wait to see the reply i get although am sure it wont differ much to the previous semi automated replies that have no consideration to whatever you wrote in your complaint.

I just had a chargeback for an order valued $1500 and after the email of assurance "not to worry we have your back and protect you from chargebacks" it followed with another email next day after review we decided you dont meet requirments for seller protection. 

This will put an end to my seller account I paid for previous chargebacks from my earnings but this is too much. My seller account is one that should be top rated with earnings over $43,000 in couple of years.

I'll feel obligated to post a thread with screenshots of the incidents and the replies cause it makes no sense to end a lifetime of achievement due to a seller protection that doesnt protect and support dept that never supports!

I am really sorry and appalled by your situation. Absolutely agree on the race part. Also the buyers make a certain nationality work for cheap and then eventually end up scamming them after taking multiple free revisions. I dont like how fiverr works for the buyers and rip off the sellers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 2:07 PM, Lena said:

Hello @nidashaikh9 

You should never hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support for any help you may need. They will be more than happy to help you and clarify the issue. 

Please send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots and please explain everything in detail. 

Thank you. 

I never hesitated to stand for the right. I have reached out to your department multiple times. I went from people to people. Its of no use and another waste of time for sellers like us. Work on making your platform scam protected. That when a buyer tries to retract the money they wont be able to until and unless they give a full blown proof of the seller being at the wrong side. 

Edited by nidashaikh9
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nidashaikh9 said:

I never hesitated to stand for the right. I have reached out to your department multiple times. I went from people to people. Its of no use and another waste of time for sellers like us. Work on making your platform scam protected. That when a buyer tries to retract the money they wont be able to until and unless they give a full blown proof of the seller being at the wrong side. 

Oh okay. So you are talking about an issue that happened back in 2022. The Buyer in question is suspended and removed from Fiverr. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...