Update: Fiverr Support Response

Update: Fiverr Support Response

Following my report to Fiverr Support regarding the suspicious message and scam attempt, I wanted to update everyone on the response I received:

I have sent all the screenshots and details to the Fiverr support team. Today, I received a message from Mariella, a member of the support team, confirming that the message was not sent from Fiverr. Here's an excerpt from their response:

"Hi Prasanna,

I hope you are doing well! Mariella is here and I will be assisting you today!

Thank you for reporting this to us. Please note that the message you are reporting was not sent from Fiverr.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information. You can learn more about how to recognize Fiverr’s authentic domain and how to keep your account safe from malware and phishing in our Help Center.

We’ve escalated your report to the relevant team for further investigation.

Best regards,"

This response reaffirms the importance of staying vigilant against such scams and emphasizes Fiverr's commitment to user safety. I appreciate their prompt attention to the matter and their efforts to investigate further.

Thank you all for your support and awareness. Let's continue to protect ourselves and each other from online threats.

#FiverrSupport #StaySafeOnline #ScamAlert

Feel free to share this update to spread awareness about online safety

Screenshot 2024-06-25 222340.png

• Like 4

One would think that it's self-explanatory to not visit sussy links from a stranger. Or if it's important for the work, always ensure it's a clear link that looks legit and not a QR code or a shortened link. And have a firewall and antivirus also, those will block most malicious links, as you never know what could happen on the internet.

I've noticed that Fiverr usually blocks messages temporarily if they contain an unverified link, to do scans on it. But not sure about QR codes.

• Like 1