What would you do if you weren’t in your current industry?

Kesha

We know: freelancing is the dream gig! But just for fun, if you weren’t working in your current field, what other career path could you see yourself pursuing? 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Kesha said:

We know: freelancing is the dream gig! But just for fun, if you weren’t working in your current field, what other career path could you see yourself pursuing? 

I go to play with my buddies for cheering. Just Joking😛🙃

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ghoshradhe said:

I go to play with my buddies for cheering. Just Joking😛🙃

Ha! If only that could pay the bills. 😅

• Like 4

Teaching literature and philosophy. 

I have been studying both since my childhood and I once ran an international facebook group known as 'literature, philosophy, and rationalism'. It's still there on facebook but I no longer manage it. 

I believe that I could be a great teacher at college level where my students know what do I teach and what does that mean to everyone in their lives.  

• Like 4

OMG! What a cool fun fact about you. That would be an exciting and rewarding path for sure.

P.s. I also studied English Literature so we are twins in that regard. 🙌

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kesha said:

OMG! What a cool fun fact about you. That would be an exciting and rewarding path for sure.

P.s. I also studied English Literature so we are twins in that regard. 🙌

Great to know that. I didn't take English literature as one of my subjects in college/university. My master's degree is psychology. However, I have been studying (personally) philosophy and literature. I specifically studied eastern, Japanese literature along with English literature. My mother tongue is Pashto and our national language is Urdu so I studied those literature as well. In addition, due to my love for the Persian language and their rich literature, philosophy, and traditional values, I tried that as well. 

You'll be amazed to know that the famous topic of existentialism was greatly explored by a Persian unknown philosopher named as Mullah Sadra who lived hundreds of years before Jean Paul Sartre, Nietzsche etc. 

• Like 5

Something in the medical field - medical doctor or some sort of Ph.D. level research.

My undergrad degree is in biology, but during the dot-com boom of the 1990s, I got my MBA in management science/MIS and went into IT consulting...rarely touching the healthcare industry again except for the occasional client of Big 4 (then Big 6) firms. Haven't looked back very often...my decision to go into IT took me on a very different and unexpected road for my career, and life in general - in a very positive way.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Great to know that. I didn't take English literature as one of my subjects in college/university. My master's degree is psychology. However, I have been studying (personally) philosophy and literature. I specifically studied eastern, Japanese literature along with English literature. My mother tongue is Pashto and our national language is Urdu so I studied those literature as well. In addition, due to my love for the Persian language and their rich literature, philosophy, and traditional values, I tried that as well. 

You'll be amazed to know that the famous topic of existentialism was greatly explored by a Persian unknown philosopher named as Mullah Sadra who lived hundreds of years before Jean Paul Sartre, Nietzsche etc. 

I never knew that! Thanks for that cool history fact!🤗  You're so well-rounded and it's impressive the amount of languages/cultures you are well-versed in. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mark_sgp said:

Something in the medical field - medical doctor or some sort of Ph.D. level research.

My undergrad degree is in biology, but during the dot-com boom of the 1990s, I got my MBA in management science/MIS and went into IT consulting...rarely touching the healthcare industry again except for the occasional client of Big 4 (then Big 6) firms. Haven't looked back very often...my decision to go into IT took me on a very different and unexpected road for my career, and life in general - in a very positive way.

Funny how life works out! Maybe in another life you'll find yourself in medical IT. 🤔

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kesha said:

I never knew that! Thanks for that cool history fact!🤗  You're so well-rounded and it's impressive the amount of languages/cultures you are well-versed in. 

Ah thanks for the appreciation. Please sing my praises a little louder, xD. 

Well, to brag about things, I speak seven languages.  

• Like 4

Many options:

• Office Jobs: Back Office Manager, Graphic Designer, HR Manager.
  • Artist (Arts & Crafts - Italian Dough Flower usage on different things).
  • Chef (I'm so good at making Fast Food dishes)
  • Ph.D (Applied Environmental Science)

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Kesha said:

If I'm not in this industry, I might be in the mobile and computer selling and assembling business. I am also going to enter this industry soon, choosing it because I always like to be my own boss. I don't know why, but I really don't like to work under someone.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Many options:

• Office Jobs: Back Office Manager, Graphic Designer, HR Manager.
  • Artist (Arts & Crafts - Italian Dough Flower usage on different things).
  • Chef (I'm so good at making Fast Food dishes)
  • Ph.D (Applied Environmental Science)

Wow, You have lots of options. We are honored that you chose us! 😅💚

• Like 5

1 hour ago, developerlikhon said:

If I'm not in this industry, I might be in the mobile and computer selling and assembling business. I am also going to enter this industry soon, choosing it because I always like to be my own boss. I don't know why, but I really don't like to work under someone.

Woah! You don't run across someone who knows how to assemble computers on a regular basis. Such a cool and unique skill to have!

• Like 5