Why do some buyers remain silent even when they could express their opinions, such as 'I don't like it' or 'I do like it,' despite my encouragement for them to ask anything?

muratnalcaci

Why do some buyers remain silent even when they could express their opinions, such as 'I don't like it' or 'I do like it,' despite my encouragement for them to ask anything?

I do not understand the psychology behind this.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

It's kind of a norm. I was like you initially, would get frustrated on buyers getting their work done and then disappearing in the thin air. However, I learned that not all people are expressive, some don't want to leave a hint behind being on the Fiverr while others may not like the work we produce but out of courtesy and good nature, they don't comment. 

I advise you not to take this on heart and just keep providing your best possible work. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Many buyers need a job to be done and they hire any of us to do it. BUT, they do not know how to evaluate it and provide qualitative feedback on the work.

So they choose to remain silent!! 

Its like someone who has no idea about how smartphones work, they buy one but don't have any questions about the processor, screen resolution, OS version or anything related to device's performance. 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

I think both of you are correct. Sometimes, they hesitate to give a 5-star rating because they're unsure if the work deserves it, whether it's a 5-star or 1-star effort. However, I feel disheartened because I typically engage in discussions with them about their project beforehand.

• Like 7

On 5/12/2024 at 11:28 AM, rabihumakhan said:

while others may not like the work we produce but out of courtesy and good nature, they don't comment. 

Those are the people that leave bad private reviews, most likely. And without seeing any input from those buyers, people think that everything is ok, then their success score drops like a rock.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

Sometimes, it's cultural. There may be reluctance to say "no", openly express disapproval or be perceived as causing conflict -- seen as taboo in some areas of the world.

The buyer may like it, but may not be "overjoyed" by it; they may not like it at all but don't want to say anything; or they may like it at lot and think that no further conversation or explanation is required.

I agree with a point made by collinsconsult earlier in this thread -- don't try to force a rating. However, if a response is needed to proceed with completing work, and the client is not responding appropriately or in a timely manner, that's a different issue entirely.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, mark_sgp said:

Sometimes, it's cultural. There may be reluctance to say "no", openly express disapproval or be perceived as causing conflict -- seen as taboo in some areas of the world.

This is very true, by day I work at a large international company alongside colleagues from all over the world. Culture can really trip people over when they aren't used to dealing with people outside of their own bubble. There is a great book called "The Culture Map" by Erin Meyer that I strongly reccomend people to read if they are dealing with international colleagues or clients.

• Like 7