F Pissed

I recently contracted seller ********* on Fiverr to develop my Shopify website. By day 5 into the 7 allotted days, little to no work had been done to the theme and the site. Maybe 3 clicks? Long story short, day 5 I cancelled my order with ******

He then deleted all of my collections and my theme as well. I am extremely pissed and frustrated about this. Fiverr does not seem to have a normal customer support phone or anything... What can I do for retribution and to make sure this guy does not do this to future unsatisfied clients.

Mike

• Like 3

I have a question:

When the delivery time is set to 7 days, why push the seller on day 5? Perhaps they have scheduled to complete it on day 6 or 7. Shouldn't you wait until the agreed period? Moreover, canceling the order can ruin the seller's profile.

There are several ways to ensure a seller is the best fit for you before hiring them:

1- Review the seller's profile and gig description to confirm they have the required skills.
2- Check reviews from previous buyers to gauge their experience with the seller.
3- Try finding the seller on social media for additional insight.
4- Avoid always opting for the cheapest sellers.
5- Clearly communicate your requirements and delivery time expectations upfront.
6- Consider having a pre-order Zoom call with the seller to assess their capability.
7- Attempt to resolve any issues directly with the seller first; if unsuccessful, involve Fiverr customer support (bearing in mind their tendency to favor buyers over sellers).

I hope its helpful.

• Like 6

Just now, navid_zafar said:

3- Try finding the seller on social media for additional insight.

Not really, this would amount to stalking!! I wouldn't want a buyer anywhere in my DM's outside the platform. 

And, it would also mean people can initiate communication outside Fiverr which violates TOS. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

Not really, this would amount to stalking!! I wouldn't want a buyer anywhere in my DM's outside the platform. 

And, it would also mean people can initiate communication outside Fiverr which violates TOS. 

That makes sense, thank you!

• Like 3

There is a page out there that details information from a page in the help center that used to exist (I found it because I was trying to find a list of Fiverr staff accounts that contact people in the inbox) that has a phone number.

https://www.liveagent.com/directory/fiverr-help-desk-contacts/

Needs updating though. But there is a phone number. A phone number that appears anywhere but the Fiverr website.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Totally agree with this, your private profiles and your personal life has nothing to do with the work you do here on Fiverr, that is considered rude in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

17 hours ago, mcentala said:

I recently contracted seller ********* on Fiverr to develop my Shopify website. By day 5 into the 7 allotted days, little to no work had been done to the theme and the site. Maybe 3 clicks? Long story short, day 5 I cancelled my order with ******

He then deleted all of my collections and my theme as well. I am extremely pissed and frustrated about this. Fiverr does not seem to have a normal customer support phone or anything... What can I do for retribution and to make sure this guy does not do this to future unsatisfied clients.

Mike

Your seller had a week, and you decided to cancel the order after just five days without first reaching out to see what was up? Sounds like there might be more to your story.

I don’t sell web design on Fiverr myself, but I do know a thing or two about it from running my own agency. If I set a deadline, I expect my clients to respect that agreement too. Maybe I planned to start working on your project on day five because of other commitments? We could use a few more details to better understand why you jumped to cancel.

Then you mention your seller deleted the theme and collections. Did you create that theme, or did you hand it over for the seller to use? Or was it all on the seller? Did they set up your collection, or did you?

Because, if you cancel, you definitely lose any right to use whatever the seller has produced, just like the terms specify.

Next, you’re talking about "retribution" as if this is some epic playground squabble. Maybe taking a more mature approach could be beneficial.

Here’s what I recommend: Open a support ticket and explain your situation, hopefully clearer than you did to us. Wait and see what the support team has to say.

I understand your frustration, but going on some kind of revenge mission because you canceled an order two days early doesn’t seem all that constructive.

• Like 4
  • Up 5

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 5:43 AM, mcentala said:

Mike

The seller had set a delivery time of 7 days to complete the order, and you canceled it on day 5! Wow, that's impressive!!!

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 2