My account is flagged with no reason!

pdkmusic

Question

I dont know what is wrong with fiverr these days. They flagged my account due to location inconsistencies. I never left my country in my whole life for Christ's sake.  I don't use a vpn. I didn't get a warning and its their final decision. They decided this without even asking me! A freelancer who works on their platform! Please fix this thing asap. I am a top rated plus on upwork the last 6 years. Never had any issue. I dont know how to explain this to my clients. 

• Like 7

19 answers to this question

Ok finally I had the chance to get the help I wanted from support and get my account back. For anyone that has the same problem, please try to have a lot of patience with support and dont give up. 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1

21 minutes ago, pdkmusic said:

What is the next step that you can do to punish me? Take the money from my account? 

Let it go. I knew that you won't be given a detailed response on this issue because Fiverr works like this way. But I am sorry that you had to go through this.

You should try other platforms too. May be you will do better there. Good Luck! ✌️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pdkmusic said:

I am saying that to prove that I am not a scammer. Do you think that a legit professional freelancer would scam another platform? Your assumption is wrong. Of course I did contact the support. Also I found dozens of people that have the same problem as me. I am in the audio business for 8 years. There is no need to scam fiverr. And even if I wanted to do it, I dont know how!

And when did I say that you are a scammer? :classic_huh: I said you have broken the rules somehow that's why your account got flagged. And yes, several sellers are facing the same issue but they have never been resolved until now. So better to keep in touch with Fiverr Support and get it resolved. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, pdkmusic said:

I dont know what is wrong with fiverr these days. They flagged my account due to location inconsistencies. 

Contact Fiverr Support regarding it because account related issues cannot be resolved here on the Forum.

26 minutes ago, pdkmusic said:

I am a top rated plus on upwork the last 6 years. 

So what? It's Fiverr and you broke the rules here! 

• Like 5

Well to me when someone is "breaking the rules", has an intention to scam someone else. Again as I said, I don't have a clue about scamming. I dont have a clue about what I did, and fiverr assumes that I am a scammer without even asking. I send them 3 emails and there is no reply. I asked them for the logs so I can see what is wrong with my connection etc. Didnt get any reply. I know that some people may read this and think "fiverr is not wrong you did something", but I would like to know what I did? Other than working hard to get 5 stars from all my clients. 

Of course there is another version of the story. Maybe they need to cut some freelancers off the platform. And they give a generic reason to why they do it and never reply to other emails. There are so many similar cases like mine. And I don't get it. Lets say that I forgot my vpn on, which comes free with my browser! Is that a reason to flag my account permanently? Without even send a warning or a message? 

Anyway thanks for your time @smartdezigns. And sorry if I misunderstood you. But freelancing platforms is how I make my living. You cannot kick me out without an explanation. You look like you don't give a f. about freelancers. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, pdkmusic said:

You cannot kick me out without an explanation. 

I can understand your frustration but the problem is Fiverr is like this. They won't give you any explanation that why your account has been flagged.. But let me tag some of the Fiverr Staff here but they are gonna say the same i.e. contact Fiverr Support regarding it.

@Lena or @milos_siena Could you please look into OP's matter again? Thank you.

• Like 5

Yes, they usually don't reply when the decision is final. The problem is that the found clone account/s - you made 2 or more accounts from the same IP/device or with similar email or profile picture. Maybe it's an old abandoned account, account you made for a friend/relative, but it still counts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

wow, they flag your account without even listening to your appeal. scammers dont say anything when they get booted. and after what they let the scammers do so out in the open seems like they support the scammers more than the income producing freelancers. after i get fooled by the one a*****e i literally got 10-15 chat msgs wanting me to communicate through telegram. all with brand new accounts. doesnt make any sense to me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I never made a second account. I have this account for years and it was a really slow process to start getting jobs here. I worked for less money just to make this account work. And in the previous year, I started getting customers. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

@pdkmusic Told you already that you won't be given any explanation further on your flagged account issue. But

@milos_siena has responded to my request here. Kindly check it. And I'm sorry for your bad experience but you really broke the rules! 😑

What did I do to break the rules? Thats what I am asking. Honestly the only thing that comes to my mind is that I may pressed the google login by mistake cause I use it in many services. And this is just a guess. Never filled any form, never created a new account. I dont understand all that secrecy and lack of communication. Its getting worse by every action I take to get this resolved. You do get a part of my pay and charge for buyers to see my gigs, so I demand to have a clear answer from support. And to be treated like a professional and not a scammer. 

Maybe is for the better. If you treat freelancers that way, maybe I dont belong here. We dont work for you. You provide a platform for us to work. And you need to pay attention to our issues with your platform. The "I dont need you so I provide no explanation" is a childish and unacceptable behavior. I proved my legitimacy on other platforms. And also in your platform I have 5 stars in all my reviews. So you think that the best idea I had in this moment that I was close to get level 2, was to make another profile. How is that gonna help me progress my profile? 

So its really simple. I either did a mistake which I would like to be informed about and fix it or you have too many audio people and you need to cut the lower levels with a generic excuse. Either way its really bad for you. I worked for my ratings and my account. What is the next step that you can do to punish me? Take the money from my account? 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, inkedupind said:

scammers dont say anything when they get booted.

Not true, you just haven't been on the forum long enough to see them. We've seen plenty of rule-breakers on the forum who pretended to be innocent (including people who pretended that they didn't know forgery was illegal).

( @pdkmusic, just in case: I wasn't referring to you, and I'm sorry this happened to you)

• Like 4

As I already said, I am top rated plus on upwork the last 6 years. I singed up on both platforms but fiverr wasnt working till a year ago. Upwork has real support, not some generic messages. You understand why I do this. I dont care about fiverr or the money I make here. Their behaviour is unacceptable and disrespectful. Do you think that support is free? We are paying for the support. I paid to get this scary generic violation email. Without any warning or any human being being able to reply. No platform is perfect. But these guys are a joke.

• Like 4

Sorry I just saw milos reply. I dont have other accounts and never created other accounts. Not for me, friends or anyone. Why would I do that? How does this help me? For example on upwork you get free connects with a new account. Thats is smth that scammers get advantage of. But on fiverr? Why?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, milos_siena said:

Yes, they usually don't reply when the decision is final. The problem is that the found clone account/s - you made 2 or more accounts from the same IP/device or with similar email or profile picture. Maybe it's an old abandoned account, account you made for a friend/relative, but it still counts.

I made these accounts with the same email? Or with different ones? I dont have anything to gain from this action. Do these accounts made money or scammed you in any way? Cause even if I am so dumb and tried to make a new account cause I forgot that I already had one, its not the end of the world if the account was inactive all this time. Why dont you provide some clear information on this? I have to clarify that I am a seller and a client on your platform. I had a pc tech problem and I needed to hire someone to fix it. Is this the problem?

• Like 4

I am saying that to prove that I am not a scammer. Do you think that a legit professional freelancer would scam another platform? Your assumption is wrong. Of course I did contact the support. Also I found dozens of people that have the same problem as me. I am in the audio business for 8 years. There is no need to scam fiverr. And even if I wanted to do it, I dont know how!

• Like 4