Seeking Guidance Regarding Platform Usage

nabiha_ch99

Question

I recently engaged in a conversation with a potential buyer who suggested payment outside of Fiverr. Initially, I agreed, unaware that this action violates Fiverr's policies. Point to be noted, no order was placed, and no transaction was made outside Fiverr, it was just a conversation I was engaged in. However, it didn’t seem so normal to me that’s why I did some research and found that it goes against the rules of Fiverr. Then I promptly informed the buyer within 12 hours that I could not proceed with any kind of activity outside of the platform.

Again, no order was placed, and no transaction occurred outside of Fiverr. I am reaching out to seek guidance on how best to handle this situation and ensure compliance with Fiverr's policies moving forward. Should I forward this to the Fiverr support team as well? Is there any chance for my account to get banned after I let them know?

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

Hi @nabiha_ch99, any violation of our Terms of Service will lead to a restricted/blocked account. We expect all the users to get familiar with the rules before using the platform, since being new or not knowing is not a factor for violations detected by the system. These ToS apply to everyone equally, without exceptions. Please make sure to read our Forum Rules as well, and hopefully this won't result in more than a warning. If you have any account-related queries, feel free to contact our Customer Support team. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3

thank you so much @ana_tomy for responding. I've already sent a support request and told everything to the support team from my end. I don't wanna keep any confusion regarding this matter nor i want to take any risk. I hope i'd be considered this time.

• Like 2