Client got all the screens and canceled after asking for changes one day after the deadline

I've been working with a client who received almost all the work done and with the screens finished, only to decide to cancel the project a few hours after the delivery period expired, even though I explained that we could extend the delivery period.  He asked for a alterations that took some time and usually that's a very normal situation. I had around 60 clients and from my experience, that never become a problem. All my clients understood very well and accepted extension of delivery deadline.

I feel that I have been prejudiced because he had agreed after I had explained it to him.

So, he got all the job done and I lost everything. 

There's something that I can do about it or just accept?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, geontavares said:

only to decide to cancel the project a few hours after the delivery period expired, even though I explained that we could extend the delivery period

You didn't extend the delivery period? One of the very few positive things Fiverr has done lately is changed that so you don't need the buyer's approval (it will automatically accept after 3 days, I think. Won't help if the buyer declines though). 

Anyway, you're on your own. Fiverr won't help you because you were late. You may also notice your success score drop and no new clients because cancellations are the worst thing you can do on Fiverr, especially if it's a one-sided late delivery cancellation. The AI doesn't do subtlety.  Fiverr will then tell you to go promote your gigs on social media to improve and that will be that. As far as Fiverr's concerned, it's your problem, not theirs. If you're lucky, they'll investigate the buyer, but nothing will come of it. The buyer, after all, is still on Fiverr, unlike the 200,000 that have fled the platform in the past year. 

Silver lining? Mmmm, you could buy Seller Plus. It won't help, but it'll give Fiverr more money, and they kinda need money at the moment. Your little cancellation problem isn't helping that, is it now? So buy Seller Plus as an apology. And then go and promote your gig on social media so Fiverr doesn't have to spend all it's hard-earned dollars on marketing when they could be spending it on vials of small children's tears.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

You didn't extend the delivery period? One of the very few positive things Fiverr has done lately is changed that so you don't need the buyer's approval (it will automatically accept after 3 days, I think. Won't help if the buyer declines though). 

Anyway, you're on your own. Fiverr won't help you because you were late. You may also notice your success score drop and no new clients because cancellations are the worst thing you can do on Fiverr, especially if it's a one-sided late delivery cancellation. The AI doesn't do subtlety.  Fiverr will then tell you to go promote your gigs on social media to improve and that will be that. As far as Fiverr's concerned, it's your problem, not theirs. If you're lucky, they'll investigate the buyer, but nothing will come of it. The buyer, after all, is still on Fiverr, unlike the 200,000 that have fled the platform in the past year. 

Silver lining? Mmmm, you could buy Seller Plus. It won't help, but it'll give Fiverr more money, and they kinda need money at the moment. Your little cancellation problem isn't helping that, is it now? So buy Seller Plus as an apology. And then go and promote your gig on social media so Fiverr doesn't have to spend all it's hard-earned dollars on marketing when they could be spending it on vials of small children's tears.

Yes, I imagine there's nothing that can be done. 

I asked for an extension, but everything happened very quickly. All in less than a day. The client liked the delivery and I was making the final adjustments. Normally, my clients are always fine with it. This is the first time this has happened. I'll put the UI on marketplaces to get some profit with this. 

I've Seller Plus, I pay the ads, usually it's worth to me, I'm making a good income here, so I hope this doesn't affect me in the long term. 

• Like 3