Fiverr's New Level System Update too bad?

The new level system, which everyone is going crazy about, and nobody including the Fiverr staff here on Fiverr Forum could come up with the proper answers as to how this works, quote: "Actually", because to be honest we couldn't get the proper answers to our questions even from the Fiverr staff.  Just some formal paragraphs that are too formal for an answer.

So far I have been studying the new Fiverr's level system and how it impacted many sellers and me. This is what I think how it works and what are its drawbacks:

• According to Fiverr, this new Success Score metric focuses on 6-key elements and they are: 
  1. Client Satisfaction
  2. Effective Communication
  3. Conflict-free Orders
  4. Order cancellations
  5. Delivery time
  6. Value for money

The reason I have made two factors bold is not because they are more important than others, it's because of how these two are calculated.

Overall, the success score is calculated and impacted based on these 6 factors and even then, the score is calculated relevant to other freelancers. The flaw I see in these bolded factors is that

1. Conflict-free orders: whenever you deliver your work and if for some reason, the buyers ask for a revision officially through the options they have, it'll be considered as a "Conflict" and that order will be marked as a conflicted order. I wonder if the extension in delivery time is regarded as a conflict in order. Not sure about that yet. But that's not fair at all because most design services or usually most services require revisions.
  2. Value for money: Now, this is way more impactful than you might think. The buyers are provided a ton of options to select from to provide their feedback about the order and that gives them a headache leaving them the option to leave it all, leaving us sellers the opportunity to not get the feedback that helps us stand out in the marketplace and increases our credibility. One more thing, if they leave feedback without selecting any specific "ton of options", the 5-star feedback will have less impact than the one with the options selected. Furthermore, the options are confusing for the buyers that most cases they end up leaving 4-star reviews thinking that it's 5-star.

Plus, the cancellations have their flaws. If the buyer cancels the order from their side like they have mistakenly placed the order and they now want to cancel the order, and if they do, still the impact is on the seller's profile and the cancellation rate is affected. The seller has to contact customer support to inform them about the situation, which usually takes 2-3 days, and in these 3 days, the seller will have to bear the consequences of the negative impact on his/her profile.

The other factors are definitely a step up for every seller, allowing them to improve their communication and client satisfaction even further, giving them more chances to increase their exposure. It's great that Fiverr is taking measures to improve the marketplace but even after the beta period, the update doesn't seem to be stable at all.

I am a fan of updates and improvements, and to be honest, I liked it but leaving the sellers years of hard work to bots/systems with flaws isn't something I am a fan of, and I am sure none of you are. 

What are your thoughts about the new update? Did you find it good? Were you able to overcome these flaws or you didn't face any?

Please feel free to share your experience so that we all can benefit from that. 

Cheers!

• Like 8

I face this problem and I am level 0 now and my score is 4 if you take a look at my profile you will find 1,533 reviews for this seller 4,9 I completed 2000 orders, I contacted them many times and they answered very basic answers with no logic after that they send my request to the department above and their reply is " we are using a secret algorithm we can not tell you about it " it's a weird thing it's like someone passes 6 exams and he got 19/20 in all exams and the final score must be 19/20, but with this new rate on Fiverr you will get 4/20 and when you ask why I have 19/20 in all exams they will tell you " we are using a secret algorithm we can not tell you about it " I can  not find a fair logic on this, I can not get any new orders, I am without work since that 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, farhan_editz said:

Conflict-free orders: whenever you deliver your work and if for some reason, the buyers ask for a revision officially through the options they have, it'll be considered as a "Conflict" and that order will be marked as a conflicted order. I wonder if the extension in delivery time is regarded as a conflict in order. Not sure about that yet. But that's not fair at all because most design services or usually most services require revisions.

I think Kesha from Fiverr said that revisions won't be a problem. In my experience, I tend to have around 1 revision a week or every 2 weeks, and the conflict free order metric has a Very Positive impact. That being said, I revise pretty fast, and in general people rarely ask for another revision. I think the conflict-free metric has to do with multiple reviews on the same order, combined with most likely a less than positive review at the end. At least that's how I am interpreting the data I see in my own situation. Even cancellations, which I assume are under the same metric. I canceled an order a few days ago because that person wanted something I can't offer, but they ordered without talking first. So yeah, I think it has to do with repeated revisions, maybe cancellations after the order gets delivered, stuff like that.

• Like 4

I am facing an issue with the order cancellation rate. Last month, I cancelled 2 orders due to client faults, resulting in a cancellation rate of 23%. However, nowadays it's showing 33%, even though I haven't cancelled any orders recently.

Additionally, I've noticed that gigs are being shuffled in the search results without any apparent reason. Most of the time, I see lower-rated freelancers taking the top positions, while good sellers are pushed down to lower positions. This is frustrating for me. I don't understand why gigs are being shuffled, especially since we see low client traffic in the web category.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jassmin57 said:

I contacted them many times and they answered very basic answers with no logic

Well, not a surprise here!

5 hours ago, jassmin57 said:

I face this problem and I am level 0 now and my score is 4 if you take a look at my profile you will find 1,533 reviews for this seller 4,9 I completed 2000 orders,

Overall, they said that the the success score valuation takes time to update on your profile, I guess they told 60 or 90 days. You'll have to wait and see what negative factors affect your success score and try to improve it. Unfortunately, that's all you can do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

Last month, I cancelled 2 orders due to client faults, resulting in a cancellation rate of 23%. However, nowadays it's showing 33%, even though I haven't cancelled any orders recently.

It's something with the automated algorithm that calculates the cancellation rate without considering the factor if the buyer has initiated it or the seller. You'll have to contact customer support and explain the whole case if the buyers have initiated the cancellation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

Additionally, I've noticed that gigs are being shuffled in the search results without any apparent reason. Most of the time, I see lower-rated freelancers taking the top positions, while good sellers are pushed down to lower positions. This is frustrating for me. I don't understand why gigs are being shuffled, especially since we see low client traffic in the web category

Gigs have always been shuffled that way to provide room and opportunity for new sellers. But it's temporary, and the gigs with good ratings and scores come back up if they're still maintaining it of course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, farhan_editz said:

Gigs have always been shuffled that way to provide room and opportunity for new sellers. But it's temporary, and the gigs with good ratings and scores come back up if they're still maintaining it of course.

I understand that, but the thing is, the web category doesn't have much client traffic. So, it doesn't make sense to do such a thing instead of focusing on marketing. However, this is just my personal opinion, so please don't take it personally.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, farhan_editz said:

It's something with the automated algorithm that calculates the cancellation rate without considering the factor if the buyer has initiated it or the seller. You'll have to contact customer support and explain the whole case if the buyers have initiated the cancellation.

I canceled the order from my end via the resolution center, but the issue is not the cancellation itself; the problem is that the cancellation percentage is increasing day by day without any reason. However, I have opened a ticket with Fiverr Customer Support, and I'm hoping that they will resolve this bug soon.

• Like 1