How to change Gig's URL? And does it effect rankings when URL differs from the current title?

Hey there. I've not been here for a while now.

Here is the situation. Once I created the new gig - the system generated URL from its title. Now, after some time I changed the title, description etc. Almost everything to make he gig more optimized for keywords. The main focus of the gig stays the same, no changes - I still provide that service. BUT, the URL stays the same, despite the quantity of my service is changed). My title was like: *I will provide 10 backlinks*, but now it's changed.

Can I somehow change it? Maybe support can? Or isn't it necessary at all maybe? (For example, when I share my gig with my customers outside the fiverr, to bring them into platform - they see the wrong url).

I just want to ensure it doesn't effect anything in rankings etc.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, yevhenhumeniuk said:

Here is the situation. Once I created the new gig - the system generated URL from its title. Now, after some time I changed the title, description etc. Almost everything to make he gig more optimized for keywords. The main focus of the gig stays the same, no changes - I still provide that service. BUT, the URL stays the same, despite the quantity of my service is changed). My title was like: *I will provide 10 backlinks*, but now it's changed.

Can I somehow change it? Maybe support can? Or isn't it necessary at all maybe? 

Once the gig is created, the URL will become permanent no matter how many times you change your gig title, gig URL will be the same like the very first gig title. No one can help you with it. You're a Level 2 seller and still you have zero knowledge about it?

The only solution is that you need to delete the gig and create it again.  But the problem is according to the new level system, Level 2 sellers can have 10 active gigs so I think you won't be able to create a new gig even if you delete the old one. 

• Like 4
  • Up 4

3 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Once the gig is created, the URL will become permanent no matter how many times you change your gig title, gig URL will be the same like the very first gig title. No one can help you with it. You're a Level 2 seller and still you have zero knowledge about it?

The only solution is that you need to delete the gig and create it again.  But the problem is according to the new level system, Level 2 sellers can have 10 active gigs so I think you won't be able to create a new gig even if you delete the old one. 

I know that I can't edit 🙂 My question was about: does it effect any rankings? If someone have cases for this (how it effects or did someone asked support manually to change urls) - that would be nice to read about.
I suppose you don't have an answer about ranking effect. 

• Like 3

Hello! I have changed my gig title many times and I have found no correlation between it being different from the URL. All my gigs still perform great if not better! It will not affect your ranking, there are many more factors that are more important when it comes to your ranking status. Namely, timely deliveries, response rate, getting reviews on your gigs etc.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sumiregoto said:

Hello! I have changed my gig title many times and I have found no correlation between it being different from the URL. All my gigs still perform great if not better! It will not affect your ranking, there are many more factors that are more important when it comes to your ranking status. Namely, timely deliveries, response rate, getting reviews on your gigs etc.

Great. Thank you 🙂

• Like 2