Status of Flagged account after March 14

It's pretty obvious by now that Fiverr doesn't care much about sellers especially those who got flagged. At least they should tell us what is going to happen after March 14.

1. Will the flagged accounts still appear in the search?
  2. Can flagged accounts run promoted gigs?
  3. Will the flagged status ever be lifted or expire?

The customer support silence and lack of clear communication is very unprofessional and indicate that all is not well at their end as well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Did they send an email saying why you were flagged? 

As far as I know, if an account is flagged, then they will study the situation and make a decision. From what was said on the forum, the decision is final. So,  Will the flagged status ever be lifted or expire? - they will check the account and come back with a decision, if it was a mistake your account is restored, if not, most likely it will be banned.

Can flagged accounts run promoted gigs?  - considering the account was flagged from breaking the rules, it's safe to say that you can't run promoted gigs, because the gigs are stopped.

Of course, I am just talking from my experience and knowledge. Only Fiverr staff can confirm this. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Only Fiverr staff can confirm this. 

Considering how many people have asked the exact same questions as the OP, and that they all got just some vague responses (or no response at all), it's possible that even Fiverr staff doesn't know the answers.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 4:09 PM, donnovan86 said:

Did they send an email saying why you were flagged? 

As far as I know, if an account is flagged, then they will study the situation and make a decision. From what was said on the forum, the decision is final. So,  Will the flagged status ever be lifted or expire? - they will check the account and come back with a decision, if it was a mistake your account is restored, if not, most likely it will be banned.

Can flagged accounts run promoted gigs?  - considering the account was flagged from breaking the rules, it's safe to say that you can't run promoted gigs, because the gigs are stopped.

Of course, I am just talking from my experience and knowledge. Only Fiverr staff can confirm this. 

@donnovan86 Most of the accounts are flagged due to location inconsistencies. Does that mean we're not digital nomads anymore? If we have to travel, we can't log in to our Fiverr account from any other location & what if a user wants to upgrade his laptop? That's a pretty strange situation.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hashir33 said:

@donnovan86 Most of the accounts are flagged due to location inconsistencies. Does that mean we're not digital nomads anymore? If we have to travel, we can't log in to our Fiverr account from any other location & what if a user wants to upgrade his laptop? That's a pretty strange situation.

It's hard to assume why the location inconsistencies appear. 

But from what some people in the forum said, it might be due to VPN usage. Because one second you login from X country and the next second you are in another country. Obviously that shows Fiverr you are cheating things in some way, and that might be the case. If that's why these location inconsistencies appear, I can see why they flag accounts. However if there's another reason, then it's hard to know exactly why. 

• Like 3