Is it necessary to pay for remote permit card?

rocks_43

Question

I just signed up here last week. I'm always excited to open my inbox because there are so many interested buyers hiring for a new seller.  My problem is that they never wanted to discuss business inside Fiverr and ask me to log in telegram so we can talk business.  Whenever I ask why we need to discuss things in telegram instead here in Fiverr, they often said they are not working with Fiverr. She said they only recruit new staff members from Fiverr to work for them. So, I just go on with the flow. We chatted for almost a day... like she asks so many questions from me which I think was just normal. Thats what I thought. Then I told her that telegram isn't safe and its often used by scammers and phishing. At this point I am comfortable chatting with her and asking about the specifics of the job. Everything went ok and exciting for me. I'm thinking finally I'm getting a legit buyer. Then she talks about contract, this is the moment that I became really excited. I feel this is it... I shared the excitement with my daughter telling here finally I'm having it. I'm thinking this is heaven sent, the opportunity. Then BOOM! as I open the buyer's contract that she sent me. I'm still excited reading through it until I read the word. COMPULSORY PAYMENT FOR REMOTE PERMIT CARD THAT COST'S 20$. I mean what is this?  Still new to this, so I did not comment. She asks me to read the contract really well and affix my signature if I agree to all the terms mentioned. So, I just reply to her, and I said with your dollar and big company can you just cover that remote permit card for me? or you can deduct it from your payment? at this point I know something's not right. She asks if I have any other amount. I simply said. Thank you for your time chatting with me but I don't have 20$ to give you. I'm here trying to make a side hustle aside from my fulltime job as a teacher just to have another source of income for my family. So, I don't know if what I did is wrong or I did miss that opportunity... just feeling disappointed after all the answers I have given her. Proving my credibility as a professional. The other people in my inbox I just answer, 'I don't answer anymore in Telegram". Guess it's a lesson learned. I'm afraid to chat to any of them... I think they are all scammers, the people in my inbox. They are targeting a newbie like me. The only thing that's clear to me here is that the seller is the one selling the services and the buyer is the one to pay for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 answers to this question

thank you for that reply. At least I don't feel guilty anymore for turning it down. It's just that I can see the sadness and disappointment in my daughter's ayes as I told her its 'a fake.

• Like 2
  • Up 1